• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

FU China, an Everlast 4264 review

I bought an Everlast 4264 platform to install at my office and started the assembly today. My entire review can be summarized with the following "What's wrong with this picture" picture...

That was step goddamn one.

FU China.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Step 17, the "lock washers" provided are flat washers and too big to fit in the countersunk holes. I had to provide my own.

FU China.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

It's a sad state of affairs...all this China crap...something has to give!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• jaja6009
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2016

That sucks. I just got the same platform and mine was okay. It's weird how the quality control on things today can be either on or really off.

On another note, that's awesome you have a bag at work.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
          • Feb 2017

Install

Hi

On pic one the holes with the metal inserts are to secure the metal frame to the wall mounts.

The other holes are for the bolts or screws to go in the wall. You have to provide the wall mounting kit yourself.

On the second picture the washers do not go in the countersunk holes, they go under the bolts that anchor the frame to the board.

I got a bit of 1 inch ply and attached it to the top by drawing around it and marking the holes. I did have to get new bolts to attach the board (the second one) to the frame. Also replaced the screws for the swivel that go all the way through the 2 boards to bolts. I also got a bag of sand for the top and that takes the vibration out.

As you also know, I got an everlast plastic swivel and replaced the d ring type. Even though it broke, (my fault not the product). I would go ahead and get a ball swivel.

Hope that helps

L
          Last edited by Lee Chapman; 03-05-2017, 02:01 PM. Reason: Smelling mistakes :-)
          If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
          So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

I know how to do the install. I was making fun of the instructions.

And in pic one, you missed the what's wrong with this picture quiz.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Lee Chapman
              • Feb 2017

Sorry dude.

Genuinely thought you needed help.

Now I just feel stupid. And I still don't see what's wrong with pic 1, unless they only sent you 2 bolts when you need 4.

Cheers
              L

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

LOL, no worries. Pic 1 they put a smaller size metal insert that didn't fit the bolts provided. I had to find a smaller bolt for that 1 out of 4.

Anyway, I finally got the thing installed at my work and will provide some pics soon. I realized after about a minute of punching the swivel was junk. I'm gonna put a vintage everlast swivel on there tomorrow morning. Not sure if I'm gonna go with the chain link or ball hook style.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

I took a few tweaks, but I got a solid install on concrete block. Not bad for at the office.

@ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                    I took a few tweaks, but I got a solid install on concrete block. Not bad for at the office.

Sweet. Will you have to be disciplined in how much time you spend on it?

L

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

No, but I really want to mount a clock with a sweep second hand next to it. Both for training and as you put it, discipline.

I'm surprised by how solid the platform feels when mounted like that onto concrete. There is a tiny bit of flex in the steel with that 7x10 Title gyro. It makes me want to get my home X-Mark onto the concrete wall.
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                        No, but I really want to mount a clock with a sweep second hand next to it. Both for training and as you put it, discipline.

I'm surprised by how solid the platform feels when mounted like that onto concrete. There is a tiny bit of flex in the steel with that 7x10 Title gyro. It makes me want to get my home X-Mark onto the concrete wall.
                        I haven't noticed any frame flex, but there's still a little vibration,. I darent put any more sand on there as I have mine mounted into cinder block. The really crumbly stuff. I m hitting a cheap tapout 11x9 bag. Seems to take a bit of force to get going. I also put a cheap countdown timer on the wall next to a whiteboard. That way I can list specifics to practice and not loose track of time.

Cheers
                        L

Comment

• m.breen
                          • Jan 2017

I've been thinking about ordering one of these from Costco.ca. For $136 delivered and it includes a synthetic bag and a pair of hand wraps. That's about the best deal I will see in Canada. I really like the look of it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...