• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Two Months in...and practicing!

Against my better judgement I'm posting this video of practice (nothing artsy this time). I got the bible from Alan (thank you again Alan...you're a Godsend!) and started studing. This was shot at 2am and you can tell I'm beat and having a tough time keeping my arms up (they were feeling like rubber). This is with the new Fighting Sports Pro 6x9, really like this bag.

Working on linking, split fist, rolls and some elbows ...LOTS to learn but damn, this is fun stuff! (and a great workout)

Next up is double pass-throughs, side techniques and figuring out how to start putting them all together while keeping the rhythm.
    As always, all comments, hints and tips are more then welcome.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Nice work Zaza. One beginner to another. Your bagging is coming along nicely. I can tell you're getting alot more comfortable working around the bag. Really nice bag too. It looks familiar

keep up the great work Zaza

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
      Nice work Zaza. One beginner to another. Your bagging is coming along nicely. I can tell you're getting alot more comfortable working around the bag. Really nice bag too. It looks familiar

keep up the great work Zaza
      Thanks Ebozyn.... getting there slowly. I wish I had more time to practice!

Yes... love that FS bag, saw you hitting it and thought it might be right for me too. Now I have to try hitting it with a hoody on....maybe that's your secret?

Comment

• Hannibal
        • Dec 2010

Good bagging!! If you close your eyes you can pick up where you go right or wrong, and you had a nice rhythm going on. Keep on bagging man, and loving the FS bag. I am still of the sound mind that many of the advanced baggers in this forum are drummers and just don't know it yet. I just got my rival new generation in, and am thinking of possibly getting another FS soon myself.

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

I put my hands over my eyes like in your avatar, and have to admit your bagging has a good sound. Like Hannibal was saying...

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2010

Excellent Practice for 2 a.m.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            Against my better judgement I'm posting this video of practice (nothing artsy this time). I got the bible from Alan (thank you again Alan...you're a Godsend!) and started studing. This was shot at 2am and you can tell I'm beat and having a tough time keeping my arms up (they were feeling like rubber). This is with the new Fighting Sports Pro 6x9, really like this bag.

Working on linking, split fist, rolls and some elbows ...LOTS to learn but damn, this is fun stuff! (and a great workout)

Next up is double pass-throughs, side techniques and figuring out how to start putting them all together while keeping the rhythm.
            As always, all comments, hints and tips are more then welcome.
            Great bag session ZaZa! Very Fluid on all your Punches and combos. I really like the single fist multi-bump.

If I would suggest anything, it would be to start working from the rear of the bag with rounds of rear straight punches, rear double punches and reverse fist rolls. These combos will cause a serious burning in the deltoids cuz you have to keep the arms up and extended for longer periods.

Try it...see how you like it.......Keep on Baggin and postin brother.....Good stuff!
            Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 05-18-2011, 05:01 AM. Reason: spelling
            Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Thanks to all for the comments.

Nova- I'm working on the back of the bag now...and you're right...I feel the burn...and only hit myself in the face twice so far!

Comment

• NorCalSpanky
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2011

well done, hope I can do that at 2 mo's.

Comment

• hammer6384
                  • Dec 2010

Looked and sounded great. Smooth arms and thats a nice solid deck your banggin on.Keep it Bro. Thumbs Up!
                  SpeedBag Hammer

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Outstanding work!!

You know something Zaza? I'm no psychic, don't play one on t.v., don't know any either...but my crystal ball foresees awesomness in bagging from you. You got it going pretty good now and once you delve into the bible..well you know where that will lead! Great work! Bag On!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                      You know something Zaza? I'm no psychic, don't play one on t.v., don't know any either...but my crystal ball foresees awesomness in bagging from you. You got it going pretty good now and once you delve into the bible..well you know where that will lead! Great work! Bag On!!
                      Thanks Metaldad....I hope you ARE psychic!

I've been called psychic before or was that psychotic? Either way, been practicing & lovin' the "Art of the Bag". I appreciate the comments.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                        • Apr 2011

Yea man... sweet hitting! Great rhythm! I'm really not sure you qualify to be in the" newbie club" anymore with that performance! . Not sure what that next step is, but you are there!
                        -
                        Owner/Operator
                        www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• speedbag4life
                          • Jun 2007

Wow Zaza, looks like you're really feeling it. Nice bagging!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...