X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MsDeville punching to "Gimme Shelter"—again

Wow. It's been a couple of months since my last punch drumming video. I've been a busy girl. Yesterday, I took a few minutes to workout on our new platform.

This video might be kind of boring to most, but I always get pulled in by the repetitive sound of the bag against the drum. This is an "ant's viewpoint." Again, kind of boring. The stool that I placed the camera on is a little too tall and all I captured was the bag and my arms. (That's okay with me. )

I'm focusing on building my stamina – gotta keep up with the boys in Keyport at SB III. Anyway, here's my latest "workout" for what it's worth.

I am still hopelessly in love with the bag.

Oh, and that's Trainer Raul making all the racket in the background (I was in his territory – the garage.)
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Nice work MsD, and that's a beautiful piece of work that your better half has built. Yeah the camera is a little too high. I like seeing your smiling face when you work out in a state of bliss .

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Cool!

Good Song.

Looks and sounds good.

It sounded like Raul was counting the song in, (1, 2, 3, 4) and hammering steel to the intro beat. haha

That platform looks pretty rock solid from the footage i've seen. No need for an adjustable. Set the height for the largest bag you use regularly and adjust yourself closer to the board with plywood, rugs, or mats when using your smaller bag.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
        • Jan 2012

Sweet!
        That's a beautiful platform!

Comment

• shaunm81
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • May 2012

Top Knotch!! very nice work there MsD and very nice platform.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Always a pleasure to watch...go Dee go!
            Hope all is well & looking forward to seeing you in Keyport.
            (you're on my interview list!)
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              Nice work MsD, and that's a beautiful piece of work that your better half has built. Yeah the camera is a little too high. I like seeing your smiling face when you work out in a state of bliss .
              Yes, the viewpoint wasn't the most desirable. I'd like to "mix it up" by having a few different camera angles, but that would require a 2nd camera. I promise to have a more interesting vid on my next one, Dutch.

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
              Cool!

Good Song.

Looks and sounds good.

It sounded like Raul was counting the song in, (1, 2, 3, 4) and hammering steel to the intro beat. haha
              Because I was wearing my earbuds with the music blasting, I hardly noticed Raul banging away on metal – he was toiling away at making s-hooks for the swivels. I have another video like that (can't remember which one now), where Raul was working on the car's brakes while I was recording. You can hear the clink of tools. Nothing stops me when the need to punch-drum grips me.

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
              That platform looks pretty rock solid from the footage i've seen. No need for an adjustable. Set the height for the largest bag you use regularly and adjust yourself closer to the board with plywood, rugs, or mats when using your smaller bag.
              I like the way you think, ebo. My feelings exactly. I prefer to have my platform rock solid, if possible – something that adjustables have a hard time achieving. I have a few of those mats for garage floors, along with a couple of 1" boards that I use for adjustment to the bag.

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
              Sweet!
              That's a beautiful platform!
              Thanks, PD. I sure like the platforms at your place. Yours are very cool looking.

Originally posted by shaunm81 View Post
              Top Knotch!! very nice work there MsD and very nice platform.
              Thanks, shaun. I'm looking forward to seeing your setup.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              Always a pleasure to watch...go Dee go!
              Hope all is well & looking forward to seeing you in Keyport.
              (you're on my interview list!)
              Thanks, zaza. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. Can't wait for SB III!
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• G-Town
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Queen Deville

QD - Nice bagging... Keep up with the boys? You stop. We have to keep up with you. SB3 is almost here, Dee see you soon, bags are up July 13-15 and you know where.

Comment

• Banks
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jun 2012

love this

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...