Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Pictures and Videos

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Pictures and Videos Let's see what you've got

Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
A very cool song for Punch Drumming. Very nice punching. You sounded "on beat" most of the time, with a pretty nice variety of techniques and elbows. Sounds like you're starting to "hear the bag beat" pretty well now against music.

Good job. I wish your bag was just a bit lower.....

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!

The Art of the Bag
Old 02-21-2010, 09:04 PM

MsDeville is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinsmashpop View Post
Great stuff! Nice elbows! That bag looks like it has great rebound off that board!
BAG ON!
Yes, it has great reound! This Red & Blue Everlast bag is the new love of my [speed bag] life right now. I was in a speed bag-buying frenzy this past month and this one was on sale for $19, so I bought two! I think I just intuitively knew that I would love this bag. I managed to blow the bladder within 2 days, but THIS TIME I was ready with a backup bladder. I actually liked the replacement bladder more I got a better "feel" on the bag, and seemed like better rebound... Hitting on my solid steel 1/2-inch steel drum is great. Although, some day I'd like to find one of those 2-inch thick butcher-block-style drums (maybe like Roc Stone's?). I figure that they would probably have a rich resonance when hitting the bag...?? Thanks for the nice comments, spins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukspeedbag View Post
Excellent work again Dee. Your improving on the elbow stuff. Liked the idea of the mirror too!
Yeah, I try to change things up. I thought it would be kinda cool to get both front and back angles of me hitting on the bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldad View Post
That board and swivel combined rule! Quiet, no vibration. Just solidity and smoothness! They really shoul geta patent....You and Your Husband reading this DEE? GET THE PATENT!!
Yup! I made him read this. I keep telling him that he should market this platform, or patent it, or something! Although aad03 (new to forum) is definitely on to something with his steel-plate design!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
The vids keep getting better and better. Two
Thanks for the thumbs up, Biff. For the past month I've been mulling it over as to what kind of song I was going to hit to for my so-called "6-Month Update." Fast, slow, R&B, pop, even hip-hop was in the running! I ended up simply going out there, warming up, turning on the ipod & the camera, and letting chance decide at that moment. I'm glad Santana was first on the Playlist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
Nice job Ms Dee, love the set up, the vid, and the quality! great work keep them coming!
Thanks, G. I'm constantly "fiddling" with my little workout studio out by the woodpile... Look forward to more of your handiwork...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
I am very impressed Ms. Dee . 6 months in and already making it look easy!!!!! totall killer video. I love to see another person hitting the bag and knowing they are having just a great time punching. Again Ms. Dee Great video and Be sure to BAG on!!!
Thanks, Skunk! Yeah, it's such a blast hitting on the bag. Thanks for all those demo videos that you post on YouTube. They're very useful tools.
Bag on!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Australia's Elbow Wizard

deano is on a distinguished road
6mths and killing it, top kit of punches, awesom elbows, punch drumming ear,
weight loss, you should have a big smile on your dial MsDEE, looking forward to
The next 6mths and beyond from you.deano
Old 02-22-2010, 03:57 PM

Griffin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This Red & Blue Everlast bag is the new love of my [speed bag] life right now. I was in a speed bag-buying frenzy this past month and this one was on sale for $19, so I bought two! I think I just intuitively knew that I would love this bag. I managed to blow the bladder within 2 days, but THIS TIME I was ready with a backup bladder. I actually liked the replacement bladder more – I got a better "feel" on the bag, and seemed like better rebound...
I also love this bag -- like you, I picked it up while it was on sale. The new rubber bladder improved it quite a lot, in my inexperienced opinion. The plastic one popped almost immediately. Now, the more I hit it, the better it's getting; seems much less lopsided that it did to me initially, and yes, the rebound is better also. I'm finding that taking a bit of air out REALLY helps.

Funny that you should have the exact same observation -- I thought it was remarkable how different it was, but couldn't be sure it wasn't me... wish they were still on sale, I'd get another one, as I'm definitely going to wear this one out (yeah right. In three years maybe...)

Last edited by Griffin; 02-22-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

10Alton is on a distinguished road
Nice!!!

Nice work, I'd like one of those platforms myself. Listen to the guys get the Patent. Get the patent, get the patent.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Roc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Very creative Deville.

Like your style.

Keep'm coming.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
Everything is better with Carlos Santana......................
Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Speed Bag Guru

atgatt is on a distinguished road
Dee, you reminded me so much of one of my sisters who took up piano playing. You could just sense her enjoyment when she plays just like you when you hit. Great hitting and combos.

Your mirror angle is very clever and I love your hitting environment with the clock and temp gauge right there in your view.

Never heard that song before but I sure like it. Quite mellow.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 PM

MsDeville is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbag View Post
A very cool song for Punch Drumming. Very nice punching. You sounded "on beat" most of the time, with a pretty nice variety of techniques and elbows. Sounds like you're starting to "hear the bag beat" pretty well now against music.

Good job. I wish your bag was just a bit lower.....
Thanks, Alan. I know some of my punches are, let's say, far from perfect... can I use the excuse "but I'm a girl!"?

This was a "first take" and I simply "went for it" mistakes and all. I'm getting a feel for the beat, and as I improve on my combos, hopefully, so will my next video...

Yes, the bag was a bit high. I'm constantly experimenting with that... I think half of my workout is spent pulling up or putting down boards under me (my platform isn't adjustable), trying for that "perfect" height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
6mths and killing it, top kit of punches, awesom elbows, punch drumming ear, weight loss, you should have a big smile on your dial MsDEE, looking forward to The next 6mths and beyond from you.deano
Thanks, deano. Yes, indeedy, I'm feeling pretty good with my progress, considering that I'm getting into this hobby/sport rather late in the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Alton View Post
Nice work, I'd like one of those platforms myself. Listen to the guys get the Patent. Get the patent, get the patent.
Yes, I LOOOVVEE my platform. I know it doesn't sound like your typical drum, but it certainly works for my needs. Even though I began hitting the bag to get in shape, I've come to really enjoy the artistic side of speed bagging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Stone View Post
Very creative Deville.

Like your style.

Keep'm coming.
Thanks Roc. Watching your videos inspire me.
I watched your "This is the Sound" video several times... nice and mellow... and made a concerted effort to "slow it down" on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
Everything is better with Carlos Santana......................
Yup! I was banking on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgatt View Post
Dee, you reminded me so much of one of my sisters who took up piano playing. You could just sense her enjoyment when she plays just like you when you hit. Great hitting and combos.

Your mirror angle is very clever and I love your hitting environment with the clock and temp gauge right there in your view.

Never heard that song before but I sure like it. Quite mellow.
Wow! So, it really shows, huh?

It's surprising how much enjoyment I get from this.
...I'm becoming a fan of Santana. Very mellow.