Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andy302
    • Nov 2008

thanks ive orded a adidas link pro swivel and also a bbe 8x5 bag are they any good? thanks

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by andy302 View Post
      thanks ive orded a adidas link pro swivel and also a bbe 8x5 bag are they any good? thanks
      I can't comment on that swivel for I have never hit it that I remember, but the BBE bag should be a good product. The ones I sampled at several sporting good shows had nice shape, rebound and felt good on the hands.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• andy302
        • Nov 2008

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00260.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	87247 hi im from uk just orded this speedbag platform its looks stable and its supposed to stop vibration just wandering what you guys think thanks

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

[ATTACH]354[/ATTACH] hi im from uk just orded this speedbag platform its looks stable and its supposed to stop vibration just wandering what you guys think thanks
          HI Andy.

I gotta tell ya, that's a first for me. I have seen similiar center post down setups, but that one is a thing of beauty. I prefer the stabilizing bars out wider toward the edge of the board, where the for of the punch will land, but until you hit on it, there is no way of telling.

punch on it a bit and tell us how it works.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• andy302
            • Nov 2008

in your experience are centre post down setups any good? when it arrives ill be sure to let you know how it hits
            Last edited by andy302; 12-02-2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

in your experience are centre post down setups any good? when it arrives ill be sure to let you know how it hits
              I would say "GOOD" is relative, but the truth is I have not found single vertical pole wall mounts, or center post down units to be as stable as I prefer. The problem is all the contact force of the bag rebound is away from the support pole(s) and the board tend to "give" with either a large bag or full bore punching. That is why I prefer the two pole and two horizontal bars support set ups. The bag makes contact close to the overhead support bars and the whole system absorbs the shock better with less rattling or vibration. For your setup, I would suggest two small sand bags on top, one in the rear and one over the front to help hole the board stable. But that is just a guess on my part. Your particular unit might be more stable than the ones I have hit. Good Luck with it.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• andy302
                • Nov 2008

thanks ill be sure to let you know heres hoping it will good and ill try the sand for extra stabilty been looking at some platforms for sale in the usa there really expensive no wonder so many members on here build their own i thought about building my own but im useless at that sort of thing lol

Comment

• andy302
                  • Nov 2008

hi the platform arrived set it up the board solid put the sand on as well but its still not fast carnt understand it could it be the swivel? please help

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

hi the platform arrived set it up the board solid put the sand on as well but its still not fast carnt understand it could it be the swivel? please help
                    Practice, practice, practive... give it a week and things should be better.

It takes time to adjust to a new setup.

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Andy302 - Did the new swivel and bag arrive as well, or are you hitting the original bag and swivel? If you are still using the orig. swivel and bag, wait for the new stuff to arrive and see if there is any change.

If you are now hitting the new bag and swivel, Tim is right. Just keep on practicing, you'll see the difference.

When I started hitting my Title classic 8x5, I was disappointed with it. I went out and bought the Yellow Title 8x5. I really liked the second one. But you know what, after a couple of months, I find myself hitting the red classic more so than the yellow. Go figure.

Point is - keep at it and you'll adjust to it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

• andy302
                        • Nov 2008

the bags just not rebonding fast enough ive tried my bbe bag and my golds gym bag thers no vibration through the board so the rebound should be really fast but its not carnt understand it. could anyone please tell me of a fast swivel mine are to klunky and hit very slow thanks ive been looking at the title deluxe pro swivel any advice on it thanks.
                        Last edited by andy302; 12-04-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Kyle
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2006

what swivel are you using now? I know of one swivel that just wont work. I looks like a fake ball hook swivel and is usually made by TKO. If you have been hitting the bag for a couple days now and theres still no change you most likely have a problem. A link to a website so we can see you current swivel would be great so we can give ya a hand. Also i cant say i have used either a bbe bag or golds gym bag. do they feel okay to u?
                          ________
                          Vaporizer video
                          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• andy302
                            • Nov 2008

posted pics of my swivels as you can see there not good i think thats why im not getting the speed there to big and bulky so ive orded the title deluxe pro swivel hopefully that will be much better what do you think? the golds gym bag feels really nice to hit thats a mediom bag and the bbe is a small they both feel good to punch
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by andy302; 12-05-2008, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Kyle
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2006

Ya those swivels are very long which makes the rebound are longer and thus cause a slow bag but saying that should still be okay to hit. Is the problem just speed or does the swivel seem to lock up every once in a while?
                              ________
                              WEB SHOWS
                              Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• andy302
                                • Nov 2008

no it doesnt lock up but its real slow lucky to get 5 bounces even when i hit it hard the board solid no vibration ive also got sand bags on top of the board one at the front and one at the back. Is the title deluxe pro a good swivel alot of members here seem to use it?im also thinking my platform might to thin maybe a thicker heavier platform might help
                                Last edited by andy302; 12-05-2008, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...