• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Another experimental clip

Here's another clip I did this morning. The song is "Destroy Everything" by Hatebreed

sigpic
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job Metaldad! You kept solid time for most of the clip. You are definitely hearing the beat! Just keep moving with it and it all get easier every time!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Very good, pretty much on beat. The Basic Rhythm was dead on most of the time. For FDP ' ' FDP sequence, you need to hit the bag a bit harder to keep the second fist ON the beat. You are adding two more rebounds into the same space between the music beat, so you have to hit harder to get those rebounds in and put the second fist ON the beat. It's pretty easy to feel that difference if you go to the Front Double Punch sequence after a Front Fist Roll (F-Roll). Notice at :23 you are doing a good "on beat" fist roll (F-Roll), you could come out of that (at :26sec) to FDP ' ' FDP pretty easy. The last punch of the Roll will most likely be "on the beat" and the add bag speed from the Roll will be about right for a FDP set up.

As you get better at this you will notice how the last fist of a combination is vital to set bag speed for the next combo. You are constantly adjusting bag speed to keep the beats matched along with the bag timing in it's rebound arc. You will learn to control the bag speed to make sure it's in the correct rebound position for the next strike.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
        Great job Metaldad! You kept solid time for most of the clip. You are definitely hearing the beat! Just keep moving with it and it all get easier every time!
        BAG ON!
        Thanks Brother!! I'm hoping to have my skills up to par by the time you get to Chicago!!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Very good, pretty much on beat. The Basic Rhythm was dead on most of the time. For FDP ' ' FDP sequence, you need to hit the bag a bit harder to keep the second fist ON the beat. You are adding two more rebounds into the same space between the music beat, so you have to hit harder to get those rebounds in and put the second fist ON the beat. It's pretty easy to feel that difference if you go to the Front Double Punch sequence after a Front Fist Roll (F-Roll). Notice at :23 you are doing a good "on beat" fist roll (F-Roll), you could come out of that (at :26sec) to FDP ' ' FDP pretty easy. The last punch of the Roll will most likely be "on the beat" and the add bag speed from the Roll will be about right for a FDP set up.

As you get better at this you will notice how the last fist of a combination is vital to set bag speed for the next combo. You are constantly adjusting bag speed to keep the beats matched along with the bag timing in it's rebound arc. You will learn to control the bag speed to make sure it's in the correct rebound position for the next strike.
        Thanks Alan! Im gonna have to commit all of this to memory so I practice at my next session. Have you checked out that list of songs you asked me for in the other thread? I can't wait to meet you guys in October..God willing and the creek don't rise LOL!
        sigpic

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          BAG ON!
          I agree, that was pretty good!!!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Nice job MD!

I have tried punch drumming and just can't seem to get the rhythm. I took Alan's advice about tapping the hands or even the foot to help find the beat. And what about if I can dance?..........Well, I can but, it's 'dad dancing'.

Seeing your video has inspired me to concentrate on punch drumming. Today will be the start.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
              Nice job MD!

I have tried punch drumming and just can't seem to get the rhythm. I took Alan's advice about tapping the hands or even the foot to help find the beat. And what about if I can dance?..........Well, I can but, it's 'dad dancing'.

Seeing your video has inspired me to concentrate on punch drumming. Today will be the start.
              Start singing the bag beat so you get it in your head. As you punch try to voicing out the bag beat. It may be weird at first but it will get easier with time and it will help you learn to "hear the bag beat" to music while you listen to your MP3, radio etc. If people look at you strange and ask what you're doing, tell them you are reacting to the voices in your head. That always seemed to calm them down for me.
              Last edited by Speedbag; 10-18-2009, 08:45 PM.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                . If people look at you strange and ask what you're doing, tell them you are reacting to the voices in your head. That always seemed to calm them down for me.
                I actually have a T-shirt that says "I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU" It was usually good for a laugh.........especially when I wore it to work and would start pacing in circles and muttering " no guns no guns no guns" while pounding myself in the head repeatedly.......priceless
                Last edited by metaldad; 10-22-2009, 12:04 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...