X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

Balazs I-Box Platform

For anybody wondering about the Balazs I-box platform, these things are awesome for $229. I have two of those, an Everlast Elite, and the Title Heavy Duty Adjustable, and the Balazs looks the best, is easiest to assemble, and performs the best. The only down-side to the Balazs is that the swivel screws thread into the platform, and do not run through. I found an easy fix for this... If you drill through the existing swivel holes on the platform, you will run into the sides of the steel tube framing above the board, and you will not have a place to fit a washer and nut. What you have to do is remove the swivel and mark 4 new holes at a 45 degree turn from the existing holes. This is much easier than it sounds. Then drill a 1/4" hole through the wood, and up through the steel framing. The left and right holes will run inside the steel tubes, and the black plastic caps can be easily removed to attach a lock nut to the screw. Snap those caps back on when the nuts have been tightened. Now, when hitting the bag, you will not have a Front-Left, Front-Right, Back-Left, Back-Right configuration of the screws, but more like a Home Plate, First, Second, and Third Base Configuration. It's hard to make much sense of this without any pictures, but if you get a Balazs platform, you should be able to figure it out. It makes the platform much more stable. Hope this helps.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Member Chris M actually drilled the holes all the way through the metal I'll see if I can dig up some pix ... he still hangs around a bit, maybe he'll see this and respond.

Your method sounds like it might be easier ? Can you post pics? I'd love to see it. I agree the Balazs platform is great - very solid and great looking. I know we have several members that are very pleased with their Balazs i-Box units.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Found the pix:

Chris also made a beautiful custom drum.

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
        Spin Master

• Aug 2008

i use a balazs at my gym. you will not find higher quality. the free standing multi piece untit is rock solid.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
          i use a balazs at my gym. you will not find higher quality. the free standing multi piece untit is rock solid.
          Do you have one of their free standing units at home? I've hit them at several locations and they are Rock Solid. I thought you did most of your home hitting under a tree...
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
            Spin Master

• Aug 2008

hi alan,
            my gym has a freestanding balazs at home all my hitting is done under a tree. thats where i learned and started, under a tree. lol

p.s. one day id love to have an indoor freestanding balazs. they are around 3 grand i think.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

hi alan,
              my gym has a freestanding balazs at home all my hitting is done under a tree. thats where i learned and started, under a tree. lol

p.s. one day id love to have an indoor freestanding balazs. they are around 3 grand i think.
              Yes, that is why I wondered if you had one at home

it would be a serious speed bag investment.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2007

3G!

Holy Heck
                sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
                  Spin Master

• Aug 2008

maybe if the good people at BALAZS is reading this thread they would send one to Scissorhands to help represent!!!!! ok maybe not!!!!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

maybe if the good people at BALAZS is reading this thread they would send one to Scissorhands to help represent!!!!! ok maybe not!!!!
                    SpeedbagCentral thought it would be a good idea also....
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jordan
                      • Jun 2009

I can't think of any of us that would not accept a free platform like that haha

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Member Chris M actually drilled the holes all the way through the metal I'll see if I can dig up some pix ... he still hangs around a bit, maybe he'll see this and respond.

Your method sounds like it might be easier ? Can you post pics? I'd love to see it. I agree the Balazs platform is great - very solid and great looking. I know we have several members that are very pleased with their Balazs i-Box units.
                        I'm gonna modify my second Balazs this week, so I'll post some progress photos as I do it.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          SpeedbagCentral thought it would be a good idea also....
                          The Speed Bag Truckers Coalition would make good use of the Balazs platform and would give it worldwide exposure!

Ain't that great? Anyone who bags in the Speed Bag Truck should get an "I'm a member of the Speed Bag Trucker's Coalition" t-shirt!!!!

BAG ON!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Dude, I like the idea. I'll throw in $50 towards a Balazs if I can get a few minutes when it rolls through Houston.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                              I'm gonna modify my second Balazs this week, so I'll post some progress photos as I do it.
                              Cool, thanks.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...