X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biguglybear
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
    Had some car issues today on the way to the machine shop. Looks like I blew a CV joint. Frustrating as hell...
    Sounds like you got my kind of luck, Op.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Had some car issues today on the way to the machine shop. Looks like I blew a CV joint. Frustrating as hell...
      That's unfortunate, hope it all works out.

Comment

• operator3
        • Mar 2010

Yeah, it's worse than I thought. Looks like my differential is failing. It's making an awfull noise. Turns out, my neigbor was a machinist for firearms. I'm gonna see what he thinks about the ball. And I should be able to get to the machine shops tomorrow for estimates.

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Yeah, it's worse than I thought. Looks like my differential is failing. It's making an awfull noise. Turns out, my neigbor was a machinist for firearms. I'm gonna see what he thinks about the ball. And I should be able to get to the machine shops tomorrow for estimates.
          O3, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Take care of your problems first, and then find out about the machinist. Another few days is no big deal at this point. Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

Comment

• operator3
            • Mar 2010

Thanks, but I'm dieing to get my bag going! I will deff get things done this week.

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

LAST post about this company. PROMISE.

My CC is still not credited. I've had my last conversation with these jokers a few minutes ago. After demanding that my CC get credited, he said, "It will take a few days to process." I lost it. I flipped out on him. Both barrels.

I first tried to contact them via their "Contact Us" link (hoping that may help). That link doesn't even work. Here's the message I got back: Error returned from SMTP server (3: 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server. The guy tried to tell me that I received the message because I'm on a blacklist. I've been in IT for years, and told him the problem is on his end, not mine.

I now have my CC company involved, so I hope all gets straightened out. I have NEVER bad-mouthed a company before, especially on a public forum. But, I guess there's always a first time.

Good luck if anyone deals with this half-@$$ed place. Caveat Emptor

This BS has been going on since the beginning of the year.

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              2-27-2010 I hope to find out for myself. I'm waiting over 2 weeks now for fitness-equipment to fill my order for 3 replacement steel balls and the longer S-hook. Called twice and was told the order is "being processed."

A few months ago when I ordered the replacements with the shorter hooks, they told me the shorter S-hooks were on back order. After waiting several months for their supply to get replenished, I told them just send the replacements with the longer hooks. Still waiting.

Never had a problem with them until recently. Not sure what's up with them lately.
              3-8-2010 Well, I called again this afternoon, said that I was checking on an order. I was asked for my name, and as soon as I gave it, the guy said, "Oh yea, you ordered those replacement metal balls. Let me check..........The ordering department has 600 orders to fill, we'll get yours out late today."

Last week when I called there were a thouisand orders waiting to go out. At this rate, I should have my order by the end of the month.

I'm really at a loss. I can't figure them out. I generally take people at their word, and I'm a pretty patient person, but this is getting ridiculous. If they weren't the only game in town, I'd have told them to pound sand by now.

Well, let's see where this goes. And the beat goes on......
              3-11-2010 [Fingers-crossed ]UPDATE - Just on-line and checked my credit card statement. Transaction from Fitness-Equipment shows charge for my replacement metals balls/hooks. I haven't received an email confirmation yet, but I hope to see the order soon. [/Fingers-crossed]

Film at 11:00.
              3-17-2010 [VENT ON]

Well I gave them a call today, and asked about my order. I told them my credit card was billed (on the 10th), I didn't receive an email, nor did I get the replacements. The guy tells me, "We're out of everything. I'll tell accounting to credit your card."

It's been one excuse after another for the last 3 months. As I stated earlier in this thread, if they weren't the only game in time, I'd look elsewhere.

Which leads me to my questions:

1) Has anyone received ANY watkins metal swivels and/or replacement parts in the last 3 months? And if so, when did you order and when did they arrive?

2) Can anyone on the forum, machine just the ball and set screw? I rather pay someone else at this point. I can use hooks from Everalst plastic swivels, make the hybrid "guts" and install inside the Everlast plastic housing.

3) Anyone else experiencing long waits and/or availablity excuses from them?

It's like WTF with this company. Never had an issue before this year. I hate to .
              But I'm getting pretty , and tired of

[VENT OFF]
              3-17-2010 I have to wonder now - what was the company's name that you ordered from? I orderedf rom Fitness-Equipment out of NC, their number is 1-800-235-8341. Is this the same company?

Thanks for the offer, Snoof, but there is no hurry (obviously lol). I just want to put together a couple of hybrids for the local YMCA.
              3-17-2010 Well, called again. This time I talked to the "other" guy. He said they were redesigning the metal ball/hook and are out of stock on the swivels, and replacement balls/hooks. They are awaiting a shipment of balls from overseas and then need to "work" on them. He said they were looking at 90 days for them to be ready to ship.

I got my card credited, and still have no idea how other people have rec'd this stuff and I haven't, even though I've been trying since January.

I explained to him that there is a growing number of baggers who are looking for the metal ball/hooks. I don't think he was too impressed, since he told me his company has world-wide sales of over 70,000 orders a day.

C'est la vie!
              3-25-2010 Well, since my last post of 3/17, Fitness-Equipment has NOT credited my card, even though they said they would take care of it on the 17th. I called today and explained the situation, again. He tells me that my card is scheduled to get credited TOMORROW!!! And to expect to see the credit on-line in a "few days" after that. I held my tongue.

I'll wait 7 more days to see the outcome. If it's not credited by 4/3, then I'll let loose.

It's not a great deal of money; it's just under $30.00. But now it's the principle of the matter. These guys jerked me around for over 3 months, and I've been more than patient.

Once I get my card credited, I will NEVER deal with them again. It's too bad because I've always had good luck with them until recently. But I've had it.

All I ask is to be honest and up-front with the customer. If I call in and order something, TELL me it's not in stock. Don't take the order and let me hope it gets placed. And certainly don't charge my CC, knowing full well the item is back-ordered. I've lost all faith in this company. I don't care how many world-wide orders per day they receive. They'll never get my business again.

Look for another post by 4/3. I hope the credit issue is resolved by then.

And the beat goes on....

O3, keep me updated on your progress. Looks like you may be the supplier for the forum.
              Last edited by Biff; 04-06-2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                Hi Biff, the only issue I had with this outfit is when I ordered my swivel, I also paid for the "Small Hook". When I recieved the swivel, it came with another "Long Hook" (like the one that comes with it). I called and talked to a guy who told me, "No problem, we'll send one right out to you". I asked if he wanted the "wrong" hook that they sent me, and he replied, "That's allright, you can just keep it". Well, needless to say I haven't recieved "SQUAT" from them. That was back in January. They must be a smaller outfit, their inventory seems to be small, customer service is practically non-existent. I haven't seen this swivel sold elswhere, how can these BOZO's have the market cornered on the ever popular "Watkins all Metal Swivel"? There's got to be another place to get them. I wonder if Alan might know?
                We should try and buy them "DIRECT" from the manufacturer. With a group the size of the forum, we could be placing some huge orders. I know I'd like to buy 2 or 3 more myself.
                Hey Biff, this was my story, I guess I should thank my lucky stars the I "DID"
                recieve my swivel. I did pay an extra 6-7$ for the extra ball and short hook (which was one of the main purposes of getting the swivel-short hook) and they sent me and xtra "long" hook.
                Anyway, just chalk it up as a bad experience where they've got your hands tied.
                T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                  Hey Biff, this was my story, I guess I should thank my lucky stars the I "DID"
                  recieve my swivel. I did pay an extra 6-7$ for the extra ball and short hook (which was one of the main purposes of getting the swivel-short hook) and they sent me and xtra "long" hook.
                  Anyway, just chalk it up as a bad experience where they've got your hands tied.

TJ - I'm glad to hear you did get the swivel and replacement ball, even though it didn't come with the short hook. I hope others have good luck as well. However, I will no longer be a customer of theirs.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...