• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

Introduction Post

Hello everyone,
    New member here doing the required anti-spammer post.
    I used to have a cheap speed bag 20 years ago. I used it a lot back then, so much that I broke the drum on it and had to make a new one. I decided recently that I wanted to get back into it, so here I am. I just bought an Everlast adjustable. I went the low cost route for now to make sure that I will be doing this on a consistent basis. Maybe if I do this a lot, I will upgrade to a higher end unit. I felt that the wood mounts that came with the kit would not be up to the task of holding this unit up with 30-40 pounds of sand on top. So I went to Home Depot and bought some nice oak and made my own mounting points. I bought a larger bag for now and hope that I can move up to a smaller one if and as my skills return. So far I have read a lot on this forum and know that all of this information is going to help me really up my game on the speed bag.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    New member here doing the required anti-spammer post.
    I used to have a cheap speed bag 20 years ago. I used it a lot back then, so much that I broke the drum on it and had to make a new one. I decided recently that I wanted to get back into it, so here I am. I just bought an Everlast adjustable. I went the low cost route for now to make sure that I will be doing this on a consistent basis. Maybe if I do this a lot, I will upgrade to a higher end unit. I felt that the wood mounts that came with the kit would not be up to the task of holding this unit up with 30-40 pounds of sand on top. So I went to Home Depot and bought some nice oak and made my own mounting points. I bought a larger bag for now and hope that I can move up to a smaller one if and as my skills return. So far I have read a lot on this forum and know that all of this information is going to help me really up my game on the speed bag.
    Hey Jaja, welcome to the forum. It was probably a good move upgrading your vertical wood struts for they will also damper some of the vibration. Good luck and keep punching!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• StevieMac
      • Oct 2010

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Like a stewardess who has just welcomed you to the destination she also has just arrived to, welcome.

-Rusty
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• JoMan
          • Nov 2016

Welcome !

Comment

• jaja6009
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2016

Well I have been on this thing almost everyday, so I decided to get come upgrades. I just bought a copy of the Speed Bag Bible book, and a new Title Gyro 7"x10" bag. So far so good. I was always able to do the triplet rhythm decently, but after going to the Speed Bag Bible site and seeing some new moves, I can actually do some elbow strikes and even do the single rhythm fist roll thing slowly. This website rocks, I never new there was so much MORE you can do with a speed bag. Here is a pic of my setup. about 30lbs of sand on top keeps the girlfriend happy. I currently have an Everlast 4142 but can't wait to get the Title bag.
            Attached Files

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

If you like the TItle bag when you get it, you will like it even more when you replace the bladder. Plenty of posts on here about how to do that. Search, learn, have fun.

-Rusty
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Welcome jaja...zaza here!
                Be sure to click the picture in my signature below & get a copy of the film, "Art of the Bag"!

Best,
                -Zaza
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  Be sure to click the picture in my signature below & get a copy of the film, "Art of the Bag"!

Best,
                  -Zaza
                  I bought it already. Can I get rid of the banner up top now?

-Rusty
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Zaza View Post

Best,
                    -Zaza
                    Just ordered the film and the posters.

Comment

• REB
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2017

Hello to everyone that makes the board here very informative and friendly. This my first post and an introduction. I look forward to reading all the information that will help me learn the "Art of the Bag". Thanks much

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

we need the dues!
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2017

Thank you for the welcome. What are you saying rd with the scene from Animal House? That I should change my user name to Flounder? Ha

(Jus' Jokin' ya)

Comment

• Chairman Kaga
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Jan 2017

Hey REB. I just realized that there was an off topic forum here.

Welcome from another new guy.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...