• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IronCannibal
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2017

Balazs iBox installation

Trying to figure out the rails of this iBox. There is a carriage bolt, knob and 2 washers per.

I thought that it would be: mounting rail - washer - platform support - washer - knob.

Doing it that way creates play between the rail and the platform plate due to the shoulder of the carriage bolt. You can't put a washer on the inside of the rail without have basically the same problem (should too big for washer).

The instructions only mention one washer, which would work just fine. If I do it like that, then there are 4 leftover washers... Did Balazs give me extra parts? Or am I missing something completely?
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

I put the washers under the stop nuts on top where the drum is bolted to the frame. The washers help spread the torque of the nuts without denting the drum frame or you can call it the plate that the drum rests against....
    Last edited by REB; 03-30-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• IronCannibal
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2017

I put the washers under the stop nuts on top where the drum is bolted to the frame. The washers help spread the torque of the nuts without denting the drum frame or you can call it the plate that the drum rests against....
      Yep, did that, but now I have 8 washers left. I figure, at minimum 4 are for the carriage bolts / mounting rail, but should there be 2 for each (8 total) or did they include extras?

Comment

• REB
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2017

Ok I also used washers under the tension knobs (4) and (4) under my lag bolts that I used to mount the platform to a 4x4 frame. I added (on my own) four lock washers with the flat washers to the lag screws. I did not put washers under the head of the carriage bolts. The shank of the carriage bolt fits into the adjustment slots and locks itself when the adjustment knobs are tightened. if still unclear, give Brian a call at Balazs.He is a nice guy and will answer all questions. He is usually the person that answers the phone.
        Last edited by REB; 03-30-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• IronCannibal
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2017

Figured it out. The "extra" 4 washers are for the lag bolts that you use to mount to studs. I've got cinder block walls, so I'm using concrete anchors.

*facepalm*

D'oh!

Comment

• REB
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by IronCannibal View Post
            Figured it out. The "extra" 4 washers are for the lag bolts that you use to mount to studs. I've got cinder block walls, so I'm using concrete anchors.

*facepalm*

D'oh!
            Yeah that is what I said I used them for. I had to go look at mine to see what the hay I did to install it. Add a D'oh for me

Comment

• IronCannibal
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by REB View Post
              Yeah that is what I said I used them for. I had to go look at mine to see what the hay I did to install it. Add a D'oh for me
              I misunderstood, my apologies. I was so hung up on having "extras" that I forgot I wasn't using some of the items in the bag.

Well... when I get the whole thing mounted, I'll post pics.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...