• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chickydevil
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

advice on beginner speed bag

Hi ppl, new guy here . i am also kinda new to all these speed bags and their training routines so i would like some help here.
    I am intending to install a speed bag platform on my own and i already have idea on how to fix the platform but i am having trouble deciding on which speed bag and swivel to purchase. Quite tight on budget too so i would like to know between this two speed bags, which is more worth it n what is your opinions ??

(comes with a speedbag 19X29cm and swivel)

OR

I would probably purchase this swivel if i buy this everlast bag.

the everlast bag with the swivel is gonna cost me S$13 more.

Just wanna hear your opinions and which is better in your opinion... Thanks
  • chickydevil
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

What i am thinking is that i start out with some cheaper speed bag and when i get more proficient with baggin i would purchase high quality swivel n bags. What i face here is that shipping these stuffs to singapore cost a bomb... even more than the price of the bag and the swivel sometimes...
    Thanks for advice!
    Last edited by chickydevil; 01-04-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• chickydevil
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2012

Anyone got any advice maybe which speed bag I should purchase besides the 2 that I am eyeing on ? Or maybe which site Should I go to find cheaper bags or sellers from Asia(since they usually have cheaper shipping to Singapore) ?

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Those bags and that swivel are not good.

How much is shipping from Australia to S'pore? Jim Bradley has some great products, some here like their polycarbon swivel:

Jim Bradley

But most here prefer a ball hook. But not that stamped metal ball hook you found.

If there's a particular bag you want from USA I could ship to you at my cost, shouldn't be very much, a few dollars. Highly recommend are these Fighting Sports bags:

http://store.titleboxing.com/fighting-sports-pro-speed-bag.html

or these Title Boxing bags:

http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html

Um, they're made in China generally. Or Thailand, or Pakistan. If you can find a source nearer to you for leather bags I'd say go for it. Have you tried Thailand, seems they have some online shops. Feel free to show us what you find, we can try and give an opinion.

Starting with a poor quality swivel and bag might turn you away from the speed bag forever. You deserve better.

Comment

• chickydevil
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          Those bags and that swivel are not good.

How much is shipping from Australia to S'pore? Jim Bradley has some great products, some here like their polycarbon swivel:

Jim Bradley

But most here prefer a ball hook. But not that stamped metal ball hook you found.

If there's a particular bag you want from USA I could ship to you at my cost, shouldn't be very much, a few dollars. Highly recommend are these Fighting Sports bags:

http://store.titleboxing.com/fighting-sports-pro-speed-bag.html

or these Title Boxing bags:

http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html

Um, they're made in China generally. Or Thailand, or Pakistan. If you can find a source nearer to you for leather bags I'd say go for it. Have you tried Thailand, seems they have some online shops. Feel free to show us what you find, we can try and give an opinion.

Starting with a poor quality swivel and bag might turn you away from the speed bag forever. You deserve better.
          i think i might be getting either this swivel or this one depending on which one is better??

I am also interested in getting this title bag

Or
          http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html (the medium 7" x 10" , since i am a beginner)
          OR

paranday , do let me know which one is better and how much is your cost of shipping to SG ?
          Last edited by chickydevil; 01-05-2012, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Hopefully someone can comment on those swivels, as I have no experience with either of them. I'll get back to you on shipping, probably a flat rate box will be best if a swivel is riding along. A bag alone weighs very little and is cheap to ship.

Comment

• chickydevil
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2012

i also got an ebay seller telling me this speedbag is a geniue cowhide leather. considering the quality, is it worth the cost ?

Comment

• chickydevil
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                Hopefully someone can comment on those swivels, as I have no experience with either of them. I'll get back to you on shipping, probably a flat rate box will be best if a swivel is riding along. A bag alone weighs very little and is cheap to ship.
                thanks for the help do let me know the shipping cost too if its just the speedbag without the swivel.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

I'll have an answer on shipping later today, but you'll be asleep, so look for a private message in the morning. Cheers.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...