• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

Random Bagging on Title Ali Authentic Leather 9x6

Worked in a bunch of new moves with the Title Ali Authentic Leather 9x6 bag.
    It has an orange bladder in it. Really nice bag, it has a decent bounce with the orange bladder in it and the leather seems a little bit lighter than other Title bags. I have it only at 2.5 to 3 PSI here and it feels really good on then hands.

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    Worked in a bunch of new moves with the Title Ali Authentic Leather 9x6 bag.
    It has an orange bladder in it. Really nice bag, it has a decent bounce with the orange bladder in it and the leather seems a little bit lighter than other Title bags. I have it only at 2.5 to 3 PSI here and it feels really good on then hands.

Very nice mix and very consistent control of force and speed.
    Excellent Front First Rolling, the "over-under chop" (G-Towns words), in between the Rolling, and nice changing of Rolling direction.

also like trying to go from the "over-under chop" to fist rolling in upward direction (several places: 2:32-2:48 & 5:20-5:32)

So, What "new moves" were you working on?

A few suggestions?

You have great control of the Downward Double Elbow Strike (D-DES), so let the downward fist begin your Front Fist Rolling. Normally you make contact and fist roll after three rebounds. But that downward fist can also be the first first "of the roll". key is having the other fist up and ready to continue rolling in whatever direction you're going (rolling downward - most natural....or rolling upward). First Rolling in a upward direction is harder "after" the downward elbow strike because all the natural movement is going downward.... ( duh...) But with your control you might be able to start and upward rolling motion from the Downward Elbow strike (Downward Double or Triple...its the same downward fist connecting to end that technique). Just a thought.

Also, After the Downward Double Elbow Strike (D-DES) or Downward Triple D-TES) you can let that last downward moving fist past through to the back of the bag. I see you doing that with the Outward Elbow Strike (O-DES) at: 5:54 (right arm) & 6:03 left arm - (I know you are attempting or doing the Side-Triple Elbow Strike...(S-TES) BUT that initial Elbow-Fist contact is an O-DES. the third contact (Side Single Punch-ssp) makes it the SIDE triple rather than an Outward Triple, but notice how the first fist (connected to the elbow) passes through the bag to the other side. ?? You can also do this from a D-DES or D-TES. It's virtually the same move. fist hits bag, passes straight through will bag is up on board

Also might want to work on those side combinations a bit, and maybe try to move in closer to bag for side combinations. IMO, just for me.... I find them easier if I'm closer to the bag... Here is an old video I made as a sample for this

Demonstrating some Double Punch combinations from the Front, Back and Sides for a member of speedbagforum.com

You can also get into Side Double Punching Combination directly off a Front Fist Roll (F-Roll). Say you are Rolling in the "normal" downward motion....You can let the last fist of the Roll angle into the side panel of the bag instead of the front, so you are going from the F-Roll to the SDP ' ' SDP combo immediately. Before this gets complicated - remember, the SIDE DOUBLE PUNCH (SDP) is actually created this way. lead fist hits front of bag, second fist hits side of bag after 1 rebound. Now you are just doing it directly from the Rolling motion. It's an easy and I think pretty cool combo.

You can also do it with the Fists Rolling in the "upward" direction, but I find myself still having to concentrate on the movement when I do it (Rolling upward direction F-Roll is not a natural move for me....still working on that)

Actually, trying to anything, like linking fists through bag, is a bit unnatural (for me) after the upward moving F-Roll, but it's possible.

Try Reverse Double Punch (RDP), pass both fists to Front Fist Roll,(F-Roll) upward direction.

RDP ' ' F-Roll (upward) ' ' RDP ' ' ...repeat. tricky but fun.

Anyway....keep up the progress!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaja6009
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2016

The new for me moves were the over under chop, side punching in general and the odes with the last fist passing through. (Your idea last time).

Thanks as usual for the advice. I'm gonna try the combos you suggest. It'll take me a while to see if I can do them. I am really trying hard with the 4 way elbows so hopefully I will have them and the combos you mentioned in the next video. There are some moves I can do on their own but when I mix them into a routine it all falls apart.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...