• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

USS Tortuga Makes Navy News with Speed Bag

Remember a while ago, we had a thread about the good ship's captain and crew USS Tortuga (LSD 46)

Well, true to his word, Commander Lewis sponsored an onboard speed bag competition, the results
    of which made the "Navy Newstand"

He says this is the first of many, for the crew really enjoyed it.

I am hoping to post pictures of this event on SpeedBagCentral.com once names and permissions are secured.

It's rewarding to know that our little bag can bring joy, fitness and pride to our military hero's stationed far from home.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 04-16-2007, 06:30 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Speedbag

• Feb 2006

I have recently received permission to post the pictures of the sailors and marines participating in the Speed Bag Competition noted above.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and honor the sacrifice and service these good men and woman are making so folks like us can stand around and worry about the speed bag.
    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jumpy
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      I have recently received permission to post the pictures of the sailors and marines participating in the Speed Bag Competition noted above.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and honor the sacrifice and service these good men and woman are making so folks like us can stand around and worry about the speed bag.
      I have so much fun on my bag alone, so I could only imagine how much fun a ship full Sailors and Marines would have competing like this. Awesome.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Thanks Speedbag for helping to put this together and for donating your videos to these brave Sailors and Marines serving to protect the freedom we all love and sometimes take for granted. Kudos

Comment

• atgatt
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Speedbag, I'm sure you're happy and proud for all those that you're helping.

It always amazes me how many people know of the speed bag, but never try it. It takes that something to get them going. For me, it was just seeing one (not even hitting it) at a YMCA when I was young.

How the word spreads throughout the military.

Great job!

Comment

• dbirdmma
            • Jan 2008

thats great news to here. great work!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
              Thanks Speedbag for helping to put this together..
              Actually, Cmdr. Todd Lewis, the captain, was the organizer. A genuine speed bag enthusiast, He contacted me about how he uses it on board, and showing my video to his crew. That was very humbling to know. He recently informed me that he has had at least two other speed bag competitions.

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
              Thanks ..for donating your videos to these brave Sailors and Marines serving to protect the freedom we all love and sometimes take for granted. Kudos
              We all help in our own way, (for those that chose to..) and this is mine. I also have family involved in the military, so it can get personal. I'm sure it means a lot to those enlisted to know they are not forgotten by those of us at home. I am hoping to meet Cmdr. Lewis in San Diego this spring when he comes stateside and thank him personally for using the speed bag to promote excellence in performance in staff moral.

It possible that he will get back in time to assist with the planned seminar / visit to the Naval Medical Center in San Diego, tenatively scheduled for April. As a Naval Commander, I'm sure that will be special for the injured guys and gals we'll be working with. I'll let you know as it develops.
              Last edited by Speedbag; 02-18-2008, 12:42 PM.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...