X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

inthefastlane, thanks for the offer. The MCG is sacred ground, hope I can visit one day.

The Hawks earned their win but I wish it could have been a closer game. I live for nailbiters.

For Cats and Tigers fans here's a song for you sung by a native Australian, dedicated to next year's season

Last edited by paranday; 10-08-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

I digress... or do I?

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• stefoz
        • Apr 2015

Hey parandy if you like nailbiders check our 2015 rugby league final (was played the day after the footy grand final )it is not my game really but this one glued me on the couch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVAQuRC5qlY

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by stefoz View Post
          Hey parandy if you like nailbiders check our 2015 rugby league final (was played the day after the footy grand final )it is not my game really but this one glued me on the couch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVAQuRC5qlY
          Great highlights video, thanks. Will always like footy better though.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            I digress... or do I?

Will you be making subsequent speed bag films in the future? Answer better be yes. haha. You certainly have many talents Zaza. What came first for you- Speed bagging, or film making?

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
              Will you be making subsequent speed bag films in the future? Answer better be yes. haha. You certainly have many talents Zaza. What came first for you- Speed bagging, or film making?
              I was a filmmaker who found the speedbag...got instantly addicted...joined the community...researched the history...and decided the story HAD to be told (and there went 2 1/2 years of my life)!

I think there will be something down the line...I still don't feel like enough people have seen this one yet...so, please, keep pushing it!

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• stefoz
                • Apr 2015

hi tomwalker i am from Melbourne.where r you form?

Comment

• Sprinter
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Dec 2015

Training

I was wondering if any of the Australian members of the forum use the Speedball as an aid to sprint training.

Comment

• inthefastlane
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Aug 2015

speedbag for sprinting

Dear Sprinter

Jim Bradley (of Jim Bradley Speedball's etc) introduced speedbag as part of a training routine for sprinters many years ago. Very much about doing 1, 2 or 3 minute interval training hitting the bag as fast as you can in a downward motion rather than flat thru the bag. If you go to Jim Bradley website there a few examples of that sort of technique. Technique, relaxation and precision still of paramount importance. Hitting this way gets the heart rate up really quickly and great for core and keeping technique as you tire. I use the Speed Demon counter (also distributed via Jim Bradley) to track progress. I also do interval speedbag with free weights exercise, eg 1 minute speedbag sprint then 20 press, then 1 minute sprint then 20 curl etc. do 10 reps and you have a dynamite training routine done in 20mins.

Simple answer - YES. Regards

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...