• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bernardblackhurst
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2017

Title Speedbag Problems

Hi, newbie here from the UK, so please go easy on me! I bought 2 Title Speedbags recently as I really liked the size and look of them but the only problem is no matter which way I hit them they wouldn't go straight! Which probably isn't surprising as they were both lop-sided to varying degrees (see pictures of the 2nd one). I noticed that they were made in China, obviously because it's cheaper to have them made there. [I had the same issue with two Everlast 9" x 6" bags also which were also lop-sided and again made in China].Have I just been unlucky? So does anyone know of an 8" x 5" bag that's more or less guaranteed to be of good quality and so probably not made in China? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bernardblackhurst; 04-19-2017, 06:00 AM.
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Originally posted by bernardblackhurst View Post
    Hi, newbie here from the UK, so please go easy on me! I bought 2 Title Speedbags recently as I really liked the size and look of them but the only problem is no matter which way I hit them they wouldn't go straight! Which probably isn't surprising as they were both lop-sided to varying degrees (see pictures of the 2nd one). I noticed that they were made in China, obviously because it's cheaper to have them made there. [I had the same issue with two Everlast 9" x 6" bags also which were also lop-sided and again made in China].Have I just been unlucky? So does anyone know of an 8" x 5" bag that's more or less guaranteed to be of good quality and so probably not made in China? Thanks for any help.
    Hi Bernard!..... The Cleto Reyes bags are usually perfect....But you won't get any change from £100......... Beautiful bags!!

Comment

• stefoz
      • Apr 2015

Hi there ,nothing wrong with those bags i think .I have been using them for the last 2 yrs and they do the job fine. I would say your problem is on the swivel or the amount of pressure you have pumped in to them.

Comment

• bernardblackhurst
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by fingers View Post
        Hi Bernard!..... The Cleto Reyes bags are usually perfect....But you won't get any change from £100......... Beautiful bags!!

http://www.undisputedfightstore.com/...FcYV0wodr1sMGQ
        Many thanks fingers. Yes, I was thinking of maybe splashing out and getting one of them, you get what you pay for and all that. And maybe it would last alot longer than a cheaper bag.

Comment

• bernardblackhurst
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by stefoz View Post
          Hi there ,nothing wrong with those bags i think .I have been using them for the last 2 yrs and they do the job fine. I would say your problem is on the swivel or the amount of pressure you have pumped in to them.
          Many thanks stefoz. I'm using the same swivel as I used my old speedbag on and that worked fine. I'd have expected the new bags to be more regular shaped but maybe I'll let a little air out of it and see if that improves things. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• REB
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2017

To the UK guys. Have you heard of this guy? mjknobsandknockers. He is on UK ebay. His location:
            BEXLEY, Kent United Kingdom, United Kingdom

I believe he makes customized speed bags. Or he has a source to one who does. Below are examples of bags he sells.

Maybe you know him?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by REB; 04-19-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

Many thanks stefoz. I'm using the same swivel as I used my old speedbag on and that worked fine. I'd have expected the new bags to be more regular shaped but maybe I'll let a little air out of it and see if that improves things. Thanks for the tip.
              I had a lopsided Title bag. My theory is : When I looked at the bottom of the bag where the 2 seams align to the air valve, The 2 seams should align with the center of the air valve. In other words, you should be able to draw a straight line between the seams end thru the air valve to connect together in a direct straight line. One of the seams on this particular bag was misaligned by 3/32 of an inch, which made the one panel lopsided. Just a theory though
              Last edited by REB; 04-19-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• m.breen
                • Jan 2017

If I was stuck with a lopsided bag I would at least remove the bladder, maybe lather it in baby powder, then put it back together, in hopes that it is the bladder being mis-aligned. ( Im new to this).

Comment

• bernardblackhurst
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by REB View Post
                  I had a lopsided Title bag. My theory is : When I looked at the bottom of the bag where the 2 seams align to the air valve, The 2 seams should align with the center of the air valve. In other words, you should be able to draw a straight line between the seams end thru the air valve to connect together in a direct straight line. One of the seams on this particular bag was misaligned by 3/32 of an inch, which made the one panel lopsided. Just a theory though
                  Thanks. On the very lop-sided bag in the photographs above, the seams actually line up with the air valve perfectly!
                  Last edited by bernardblackhurst; 04-21-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• bernardblackhurst
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by m.breen View Post
                    If I was stuck with a lopsided bag I would at least remove the bladder, maybe lather it in baby powder, then put it back together, in hopes that it is the bladder being mis-aligned. ( Im new to this).
                    Thanks. Good tip, I actually damaged the bladder at the valve end trying to remove it the other day. The tip of the valve on the black bladder came off so it'll be difficult to reinstal even with rubber cement.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

Read my Rusty tip on bladder replacement. That could help you.
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• bernardblackhurst
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                        Trust me, When you replace that black bladder (butyl rubber) With one of Titles latex orange replacement bladders you'll like the bag much better, BTW the bladder is sewn into the bag at the nipple of the bladder, you'll have to pull the threads holding the bladder on, But be very careful not to cut the leather, You can use a dental pick to pull up on and break each thread... Good Luck and happy baggin...Ralph
                        Thanks Ralph. I thought the black bladder was just glued in place so was a bit rough with it when taking it out but I think it's okay. I've actually got one of those orange bladders, I just need to get some rubber cement now.

Comment

• bernardblackhurst
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                          Read my Rusty tip on bladder replacement. That could help you.
                          Thanks, whereabouts is that?
                          Last edited by bernardblackhurst; 04-21-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

@ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• bernardblackhurst
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Apr 2017

Thanks. Just read it. Great article.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...