• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Beta timer

2 new features added to the beta timer (http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer-beta.html)

1. There are 4 "option sets" that come by default: Boxing 2 minute, Boxing 3 minute, MMA (5 min round), Tabata, and Stopwatch. Switching amongst these is as easy as clicking on the name in the Option Set drop down list.

2. Ability to "deep link" options. Suppose I came up with a useful combination... by clicking this specially formatted link anyone else can instantly get those settings. If you look at the actual link, you'll see it's got all the individual settings incorporated within it, it has this bit of gibberish concatenated on the end:
    %26ddlRoundLength%3D450%26ddlWarnAt%3D150%26ddlRes tLength%3D600%26ddlDelay%3D0... etc.

The link above should take you to a timer page with a 45 sec work, warning at 15 sec, and 60 sec rest, which is what I use for timed holds (grip work). Nothing really spectacular about that combination of settings, but it demonstrates how easy it is to share settings with others via this method.

3. Stopwatch is simply an upward count (limited to 999 hours) with no rest period. The round number is not displayed.

I've got an "Advanced Timer" in the works that will put these features to good use... more on that later.
    Last edited by Tim; 12-30-2007, 07:43 AM. Reason: fixed link.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...