• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 97mustang82
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2007

How to fix an out of round speed bag?

Hey guys, I just started speed bagging yesterday since I bought an everlast stand and i'm actually picking it up pretty quick. I put the sand bags up top to limit motion. I also just bought a used everlast wall platform that came with the old metal ball & hook swivel for only $10. I'm puttin that one in my room

Anyways, my question is reguarding the bag I bought. It's an Everlast small leather speed bag (4214). Don't know much about speed bags but when I pumped the bag up it looked a tad bit out of round. Like the bladder is not completly centered. There's more of a hump on one side and a flatter surface on the other. Sometimes I know when it hits that hump because it bounces of to the side a bit and I have to re grip it with my punch to get it back into place. Now is this how the bag normally is or is the bladder just not centered? So much for the whole gyro balanced thing lol. Oh, and it's at 4psi.

Also, what bags do you guys use and recomend? I would really like a bag thats well rounded and tear droppy. I like the shape of this bag, just not the out of round thing. Thanks guys.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I would suggest you send it back. Anytime you get a product that is lopsided or less than expected - Send it back. There is no fix for it.

I'd stick with a top brand name. The Title and Ringside Bags seem to hold their shape really well. I don't why but I get more personal email about Everlast bags that are out of round, lopsided or otherwise less than expected. That's of course unofficial , but I answer such email every week.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jason_m_amy
      • Jan 2007

Also I'd add that I wouldn't recommend the 4214. Not a good bag, something about it, low pressure, high pressure, doesn't matter - doesn't work that well. I'd highly recommend the 4210, much better bag and you can find them as easy as the 4214's. I have 6 of them, ranging from the 1930's (just picked up on ebay), 1970's to present day. All of them I love! I have a decent collection, but the 4210 is the best one I've found.

Comment

• 97mustang82
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        I would suggest you send it back. Anytime you get a product that is lopsided or less than expected - Send it back. There is no fix for it.

I'd stick with a top brand name. The Title and Ringside Bags seem to hold their shape really well. I don't why but I get more personal email about Everlast bags that are out of round, lopsided or otherwise less than expected. That's of course unofficial , but I answer such email every week.
        Thanks Alan, and thanks for the tip too Jason. I kept the reciept so I'm returning it today. So what bag would you guys recommend? I guess the kind of bag im looking for is like the 4214's, big belly tear drop type, but better quality. Something with a good size belly but no bigger than 10x7. Might even want to go down a size. Also, I want a bag that doesn't have such hard seams so that it doesn't tend to stay on one side unless I tell it to. I've been looking at Rival & Title & Top contender.

The Rival looks alot better, but is it any better in quality? Should I go with the Title for $15 cheaper. Why is top contenders leather speed bag $10 more than their synthetic speed bag on ringside? And whats with this Tubo Speed Bag?

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

i like rival alot i guarantee you wont be disapointed with it.
          ________
          LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by 97mustang82 View Post
            Thanks Alan, and thanks for the tip too Jason. I kept the reciept so I'm returning it today. So what bag would you guys recommend? I guess the kind of bag im looking for is like the 4214's, big belly tear drop type, but better quality. Something with a good size belly but no bigger than 10x7. Might even want to go down a size. Also, I want a bag that doesn't have such hard seams so that it doesn't tend to stay on one side unless I tell it to. I've been looking at Rival & Title & Top contender.

At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

The Rival looks alot better, but is it any better in quality? Should I go with the Title for $15 cheaper. Why is top contenders leather speed bag $10 more than their synthetic speed bag on ringside? And whats with this Tubo Speed Bag?
            http://store.titleboxing.com/turbo-speed-bag.html

the dark Blue 10x7 is a very nice bag. I have one and like it a lot. You might also consider the Red 9x6. I use that one a lot right now.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...