• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JVE1812
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2007

Can't get the volume to work

I downloaded and am able to get everything to work without an internet connection. When I open the file I can choose the individual "sounds" which play fine. I can't seem to get any sound when actually using the timer. I am looking to get this working on a laptop without an internet connection.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Which browser are you using and which operating system?

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by JVE1812 View Post
      I downloaded and am able to get everything to work without an internet connection. When I open the file I can choose the individual "sounds" which play fine. I can't seem to get any sound when actually using the timer. I am looking to get this working on a laptop without an internet connection.
      I just tested the latest zip file http://www.speedspeedbagform.com/timer.zip with Windows XP and IE 7 ... it seemed to work fine. Unzip the file to somewhere, such as Desktop, it should be in a Timer folder, then open the timer.html page. IE7 will prompt you to allow an ActiveX control to run, click "OK" or "allow" and it should work...

Comment

• jason_m_amy
        • Jan 2007

I'm getting a bunch of messages about 'needing a plugin for wav'? Also, none of the sounds work? I have heard sounds on other sites and my sound is working (for music, movies, etc).

My operating system: Linux with Firefox as the browser.

Thanks!

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Linux with Firefox
          Sounds like a driver problem. Can you hear other .wav files?

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jason_m_amy View Post
            My Linux/FireFox box is also getting this... I'll look into it and let you know.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jason_m_amy View Post
              See here:
              Announcements, Q&amp;A, and technical support for the <a href="http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer.html">online workout timer</a>, a free timer for martial arts, boxing, speed bag, tabata, crossfit and many other things requiring a timer!

Comment

• jason_m_amy
                • Jan 2007

Yeah, I have mplayer installed. It could be I need to associate the mime-type for .wav to mplayer (in Firefox). My sound driver is fine (using Linux ALSA) as I can play movies, stream videos, listen to mp3's etc...

-Jason

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

I think I actually have some sort of mplayer plugin for firefox installed as well...

I have on my todo list to create a version that works seamlessly with IE/Firefox on Windows, MAC OS X, and Linux, but that is not an easy thing to do

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...