• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Title Platinum Premier Pro Swivel?

Has anyone tried this new swivel yet?

I've been burned by Title bs descriptions before. Fool me 5 times, well that's on Title, not me.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

The beast under scrutiny...

How much of the product description is bullshit?
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

I have that exact swivel, but I ordered it from ringside. That was years ago. It's currently on my platform. It works very well. Nice and smooth. Built like a tank.

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Why would you want a U-Bolt?
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Well, I can't buy a decent ball hook, now can I? And why would I want to buy a chain link that takes me longer to change the bag than I wanted to punch the damn bag in the first place.

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

U-bolt swivels offer a very pleasant punching experience. If you get that one in the picture, you won't be sorry. Also, chain links are no problem to change out bags when you use needle nose pliers. I'm actually thinking about taking down the u-bolt super swivel and putting up my everlast chainlink as my permanent swivel. I just gotta go over to my dads house and get the chainlink off my platform over there. When I do, I'm selling the u-bolt on eBay.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

My normal routine is 3 minutes on one bag, 3 minutes on the next, and so on. If I have to go pick up pliers, its already a PITA. So, yes chain links are a problem for me.

I may consider a U-bolt with a hand operated cotter pin. Maybe.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2017

I am a Ubolt user. I changed out the cotter pin with a quick release pin of the same size. If you want, you can get various lengths from McMaster-Carr. Or Lowes and Home depot have them but not a variety of lengths like McMaster. The quick release work great. I removed the pull ring to remove the little bit of "clinking" it gives off when the bag is in action. I thread a piece of leather lacing through the pull ring hole for assist in removal and to lock the pin. The pin does not affect the action of the ubolt. Change out a bag in seconds
                Attached Files
                Last edited by REB; 05-09-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

I don't understand the part about the piece of leather lacing. Can you post some pics?
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2017

Sure thing on the pics. Later on in the late afternoon will be possible. Shoulder bolts will be another option that works well for a quick Ubolt disconnect

Comment

• REB
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2017

shoulder bolt option for Ubolt attachment
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by REB; 05-10-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• REB
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2017

Pic 1 is an Everlast Ubolt. The cotter pin was removed and a quick release pin is now used. The metal pull ring was removed and a piece of leather cord looped in to act as the pull ring. The metal pull ring made a small clinking noise when bag was in use. You can see what the quick release pin looks like on the left side of pic. Takes seconds to change out the bag

Pic 2 is a Title Ubolt. The cotter pin was removed and a shoulder bolt is now used. Takes seconds to change the bag. The nut is a nylon insert lock nut. I could not find shoulder bolts at Lowes or Home Depot. I got them from Ace Hardware. An example is in front of the swivel. I like this method a lot. they are a little costly. Anywhere from $3 -$4 a piece

Pic 3 is a Ringside Ubolt (I believe) Again a shoulder bolt is used. The quick release in the pic shows the leather lace to use for removal. (See this Rusty).

These swivels are not on my Platform rotation as of today. They perform for me as I like. They are smooth and fast. ( as fast as I can get them to go anyway). I am presently using Jim Bradley swivels from Australia. They are all polycarbon except for the shoulder bolt and screws. They are smooth and maybe too fast. Good swivels though for Boxing style. Bradley swivel at the bottom.

Edit: The Bradley swivel is a Polycarbonate. ( I misspelled it in the text)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by REB; 05-11-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...