• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fieldsaw
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2012

Double End Bag Stand???

Ok, this is really bothering me. Does anyone know of a freestanding stand for a Double End Bag? I thought I saw a thread that talked about this before but I couldnt find it again. Could one just buy a heavy bag stand and connect the top bungie to that and then attatch the other end to a weight on the floor? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by fieldsaw View Post
    Ok, this is really bothering me. Does anyone know of a freestanding stand for a Double End Bag? I thought I saw a thread that talked about this before but I couldnt find it again. Could one just buy a heavy bag stand and connect the top bungie to that and then attatch the other end to a weight on the floor? Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes, I've done this. a 25 Lb plate will work fine.

Comment

• fieldsaw
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2012

Thanks Tim!

Comment

• gil
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Dec 2011

Field,

What I did was screw an "eye" hook into the rafter of my garage ceiling, then I got a small bin, filled it with sand and screwed the floor mounting bracket into the top. Once I'm done with my workout, I simply unhook it and drape it over my chinup bar, so it's out of the way. I did this as I don't have any weights and the DEB floor stabalizer that Everlast makes is not the best.

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

MacGyver Build Methods

I made my Double End Bag and attachments out of things i found lying around the house.

I "borrowed" one of my 4 year old daughter's toy bouncy balls for the bag itself. (i think she still wants the ball back, even though i've got her several to replace it since then) HaHa. I then wrapped the ball in a fine net. Tied Loops at both ends of the net. Then i covered it all with DUCT TAPE. gotta love duct tape.

I braided some thick rubber bands together for the upper, and lower cords.

For the floor anchor i used one of my wife's old *******s. (If you have a wife, or a mother, there are *******s around that they don't use any more.) I then went into the backyard and found a big stone i could stuff into the bag, and still get the bag closed.

Bada Bing!

I have used This DEB for a few years now, and it still works like a charm.
          It has lost a bit of air. If i were to make another one i would leave the air valve for the ball clear of tape and position it near the bottom or top of the bag for easy access.

I used this same MacGyver type build method for my Bladder bag. It was just a bunch of junk lying around the house that i saw every day.

Always have plenty of Duct Tape.
          Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...