Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Reviews

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Reviews Post reviews of equipment, books, DVDs, etc. here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce Bruce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central, PA
Posts: 75
Bruce is on a distinguished road
Prime Fighter Pro Speed Bag / Heavy Bag Adjustable Wall Mount Model 500

Hi, guys and gals,

Anyone have any experience with this platform? Looks pretty sturdy, and accomodates 16 and 24 inch spacing.


http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Fighter-...313384&sr=1-26

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-23-2010, 02:22 PM
fingers's Avatar
fingers fingers is offline
Speed Bag Guru
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 618
fingers is on a distinguished road
Looks a nice unit Bruce!! pretty much like the Everlast adjustable one but with a thicker drum and steel mounts instead of wood, looks like a good buy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,196
Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Hi, guys and gals,

Anyone have any experience with this platform? Looks pretty sturdy, and accomodates 16 and 24 inch spacing.
...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Haven't used it, so I can't say for sure, but if you mention you are a forum member you will get a 15% discount on it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Speedbag's Avatar
Speedbag Speedbag is offline
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 6,736
Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Hi, guys and gals,

Anyone have any experience with this platform? Looks pretty sturdy, and accomodates 16 and 24 inch spacing.


http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Fighter-...313384&sr=1-26

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Yes I have used it. Scroll down this page and you'll see me in front of it when I visited the factory where they are made in Noel Missouri. I like it OK, however it adjusted by chains going down inside the tubes and rattled a lot when you punched. I think they have now adapted that to use a cable. Call them and talk to them. They are great folks and can probably modify a unit for however you need. Randy is his name.
__________________
Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!



The Art of the Bag
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce Bruce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central, PA
Posts: 75
Bruce is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Haven't used it, so I can't say for sure, but if you mention you are a forum member you will get a 15% discount on it.
Awesome, thanks Tim. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbag View Post
Yes I have used it. Scroll down this page and you'll see me in front of it when I visited the factory where they are made in Noel Missouri. I like it OK, however it adjusted by chains going down inside the tubes and rattled a lot when you punched. I think they have now adapted that to use a cable. Call them and talk to them. They are great folks and can probably modify a unit for however you need. Randy is his name.
Thanks for the feedback, Alan. Perhaps the 200 series non-adjustable platform might be a better buy for me since I'm the only one who uses it. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2010, 09:12 AM
paranday's Avatar
paranday paranday is offline
Speed Bag Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 2,355
paranday is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Alan. Perhaps the 200 series non-adjustable platform might be a better buy for me since I'm the only one who uses it. Thanks again.
Will you be wanting to use different size bags? Maybe change to a swivel with a different rebound arc/bag height?

Adjustable platforms sure are nice.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce Bruce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central, PA
Posts: 75
Bruce is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranday View Post
Will you be wanting to use different size bags? Maybe change to a swivel with a different rebound arc/bag height?

Adjustable platforms sure are nice.

Hell, good point... Didn't think about different sized bags and/or swivels. I was thinking that I wasn't getting any taller... *chuckle*


Respect the Bag!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,196
Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Hell, good point... Didn't think about different sized bags and/or swivels. I was thinking that I wasn't getting any taller... *chuckle*
Also you never know when a family member, friend, or other acquaintance may want to give it a try. I would not ever buy another non-adjustable platform for those reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Speedbag's Avatar
Speedbag Speedbag is offline
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 6,736
Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Awesome, thanks Tim. I appreciate it.



Thanks for the feedback, Alan. Perhaps the 200 series non-adjustable platform might be a better buy for me since I'm the only one who uses it. Thanks again.
I would respectfully disagree. I suggest a board with at least some adjustment built in, for different bag sizes or baggin' buddies joining you later.
__________________
Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!



The Art of the Bag
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.
SpeedBagForum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.