• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

4 panel speed bag

Anyone have experience with a 4 panel bag? Such as this EverLast vintage 4210. Size? what is the bounce reaction? you know, typical speed bag charateristics... I have a red 4210 6 panel
    Attached Files
    Last edited by REB; 09-10-2017, 08:50 PM.
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

I saw that bag on eBay, I almost went after it. I'm glad someone on the forum grabbed it as it is a unique 4210. The John Golomb Roo bag I just got is similar to that shape. The Golomb bag is 6 panel but has the more angular edges like that bag. I'm not sure what bladder is in your bag but the angular edges on my bag needed to get broken in, because at first they had some crazy bounces but with each bagging session they got better and better until now it hits just fine. I don't know how much use your bag got and what bladder is in it so if it doesn't bounce true give it a little workout.

Is the leather on that bag softer than the red 4210's? It looks like it is nicer leather. Overall that looks like a great 4210, congrats on your new bag.

Comment

• REB
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
      I saw that bag on eBay, I almost went after it. I'm glad someone on the forum grabbed it as it is a unique 4210. The John Golomb Roo bag I just got is similar to that shape. The Golomb bag is 6 panel but has the more angular edges like that bag. I'm not sure what bladder is in your bag but the angular edges on my bag needed to get broken in, because at first they had some crazy bounces but with each bagging session they got better and better until now it hits just fine. I don't know how much use your bag got and what bladder is in it so if it doesn't bounce true give it a little workout.

Is the leather on that bag softer than the red 4210's? It looks like it is nicer leather. Overall that looks like a great 4210, congrats on your new bag.
      I saw it on ebay too jaja. But I did not buy it. I was curious about it due to it being a 4 panel bag. I had not seen one until this one

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

I count 5 panels.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
          I count 5 panels.
          You think? Explain... I looked at it from the perspective that if you turned it 180 degrees there would also just be two panels. Unless the bottom of the bag is considered a panel.. I was counting the hitting surfaces of the bag. I am not doubting it is 5 panel now but whaaata do I know

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

4 small panels and 1 big panel.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

4 small panels and 1 big panel.
              Looking at the bottom I see it now...good call
              Last edited by REB; 09-11-2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...