• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Deville D-21 Swiv & Drum Video

Deville D-21 Flush Mount Ball Hook Speed Bag Swivel and Drum.

Deville A-51 Ball Hook Speed Bag Swivel.

For details contact Speed Bag Forum member: MsDeville

Or send an Email to: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ebozyn; 04-18-2012, 08:40 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
    Deville D-21 Flush Mount Ball Hook Speed Bag Swivel and Drum.

Deville A-51 Ball Hook Speed Bag Swivel.

For details contact Speed Bag Forum member: MsDeville

Or send an Email to: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    Ebozyn, did you notice any difference with the flush mount swivel? Faster, easier, more difficult to control ....... any insights about it. ?

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Hi AK.

Pretty cool set up. Here are a few first impressions.

I've only been hitting on the D-21 Flush Mount for a few days, but i'm kinda hooked on it. I feel it's good for my timing.

What i've done is hang the D-21 Flush Mount drum right next to my old bare bones model drum, so i can go back and forth between two different swivels and swing arcs, in no more than a couple seconds, and i do that A LOT now.

With this swivel it's the type of thing where you notice right away that having a shorter swing arc gives you a little less time to get fists, and elbows into position for the next strike, but you soon get used to that.

Some combos seem to be a little easier with the Flush Mount swivel. I think because the bag moves less with the short swing arc, it feels like... as long as you keep your hands close to the bag it's impossible to miss-hit. Because the bag is always RIGHT THERE.

I have noticed that if i'm doing a lot of consecutive single rebound combos, it can feel a little challenging at times. Because of being used to a more "standard length swing arc" a person gets used to having that extra split second more of time to get into position for the next strike. But this swivel sort of forces you to adjust for the timing.

I dig this swivel. I feel that even in the short amount of time i've been hitting with this thing, that it has sharpened my game little a bit. And it sounds Cool, that's a big thing with me.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Ebozyn, did you notice any difference with the flush mount swivel? Faster, easier, more difficult to control ....... any insights about it. ?

Comment

• PunchDrummer
        • Jan 2012

Nice comparison Ebo!
        I've always liked flush-mounted anything - if for nothing more than aesthetics.
        The new drum looks great. For you birthday we’ll have to get you a chef’s horizontal gravity-bearing order bar to hold your notes. (First thing I thought of from my days as a waiter.)
        Emerging market for a Punch Drum music holder?

I would love to have multiple drums hanging in a circle with different swivels. Variety is.....

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

Thanks for checking out the Vid PD.

A holder for my notes, That's good idea.

It would be funny to have one of those revolving order holders that you see in most restaurants, and have it hanging next to my platform. I can see myself reaching over and trying to spin it around to find a combo as i'm baggin away. haha

On those little pieces of paper i have hanging there are what i call my "rules of speed bag engagement" <---intentionally sickening name. It's around 25 to 30 combos, and moves that i do a lot. and some i need to practice a lot more.

I have all the things i want to work on right there on the board and can easily look over and read them while bagging. I have the combos numbered so i can look at the papers, and think something like... I'll do a #3, then a couple #17s, and finish with a #8. Doing it this way makes it much easier for me to come up with different orders of combos that i may not have thought of other wise. This way i don't end up just doing pointless practice.

Bag On!

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
          Nice comparison Ebo!
          I've always liked flush-mounted anything - if for nothing more than aesthetics.
          The new drum looks great. For you birthday we’ll have to get you a chef’s horizontal gravity-bearing order bar to hold your notes. (First thing I thought of from my days as a waiter.)
          Emerging market for a Punch Drum music holder?

I would love to have multiple drums hanging in a circle with different swivels. Variety is.....

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post

Hi AK.

Pretty cool set up. Here are a few first impressions.

I've only been hitting on the D-21 Flush Mount for a few days, but i'm kinda hooked on it. I feel it's good for my timing.

What i've done is hang the D-21 Flush Mount drum right next to my old bare bones model drum, so i can go back and forth between two different swivels and swing arcs, in no more than a couple seconds, and i do that A LOT now.

With this swivel it's the type of thing where you notice right away that having a shorter swing arc gives you a little less time to get fists, and elbows into position for the next strike, but you soon get used to that.

Some combos seem to be a little easier with the Flush Mount swivel. I think because the bag moves less with the short swing arc, it feels like... as long as you keep your hands close to the bag it's impossible to miss-hit. Because the bag is always RIGHT THERE.

I have noticed that if i'm doing a lot of consecutive single rebound combos, it can feel a little challenging at times. Because of being used to a more "standard length swing arc" a person gets used to having that extra split second more of time to get into position for the next strike. But this swivel sort of forces you to adjust for the timing.
            I dig this swivel. I feel that even in the short amount of time i've been hitting with this thing, that it has sharpened my game little a bit. And it sounds Cool, that's a big thing with me.
            What you say is true and I agree. Shortening the rebound arc makes any bag go faster, no matter what the size. Counter sinking the swivel, making it flush does reduce the arc, and I admit this design is gorgeous and it is aesthetically beautiful.

and it is also fair to say that putting up a smaller bag on the same non-recessed swivel will pretty much accomplish the same thing, ie...shorten the rebound arc and require you to "punch faster" to pull off the same combinations. Of course, the punching force is also a big factor. But bag sizes are also limited, so there is a point to which you cannot find a "smaller bag" to go faster, or the smaller bag is just too small or too light to be fun. Personally I require a certain amount of distance between the bag belly and the board to maintain the fun factor and the ability to perform downward elbow strikes effectively. I normally have to give up a bit of speed for that. I can punch with single and double fists, linking etc. a lot faster when I eliminate the elbow strikes.

I would think for you, Ebozyn, who uses a lot of Front Straight Punches OVER your Outward Elbow, this clearance issue could be a problem at higher speed.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 06-02-2012, 11:26 PM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ujc
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2012

Looks great...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...