Boxing Gear's® Speed bag Swivel - precision ball Swivel (Steel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
    Its a shame this swivel is not available in the UK i might yet be converted to the ball hook!!
    You won't regret it fingers! Remember I had the same swivel as you, kind of restricts the combos a little. The ball hooks are a bit of a challenge after using the 'U' bar type, but well worth the perseverance.
    Originally posted by goju View Post
    we get bumped royaly here in the Uk fingers.. iv'e been using a modified swivel.. Everlast chain link housing with a plastic ball.. seems to work quite well.. but i would love to have metal housing / metal ball combo
    Goju, Have you tried searching the internet for a metal ball? I don't think the plastic ball in a metal housing would last too long, unless your keeping it well lubricated.

Comment

• goju
      • Aug 2009

yea i have searched the net mate.. only thing that i can find is the one AK suggested which is from the U.S. And they want stupid money for shipping.. and im not paying that. It's a shame sugar rays are not stocking any, the setup i have is the one skunk showed on youtube. Im sure the ball will wear out sooner or later, but i hope by then i might have got a metal one. I have a full plastic ball hook to fall back on, but the plastic ball and metal housing is faster. i guess ill have to keep searching.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

yea i have searched the net mate.. only thing that i can find is the one AK suggested which is from the U.S. And they want stupid money for shipping.. and im not paying that. It's a shame sugar rays are not stocking any, the setup i have is the one skunk showed on youtube. Im sure the ball will wear out sooner or later, but i hope by then i might have got a metal one. I have a full plastic ball hook to fall back on, but the plastic ball and metal housing is faster. i guess ill have to keep searching.

You would need someone with a pillar drill and a 5mm cobalt drill as it's hardened.
        Drill right through, the thread size is 6/1.25mm. Now, I couldn't find one of these at hand so I used a 1/4 / 20 UNC tap. A bit of thread lock and away you go! The thread sizes are for the 'S' hook screwed into the plastic ball.

Comment

• goju
          • Aug 2009

Thanks alot for the link vin, much appreciated mate. I think i have someone who could do the drilling for me, so that could be the way to go. oh, have you made a vid yet with your new custom swivel ?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Thanks alot for the link vin, much appreciated mate. I think i have someone who could do the drilling for me, so that could be the way to go. oh, have you made a vid yet with your new custom swivel ?
            I haven't yet. I'm going to wait for my new Everlast 4x6 to arrive, so I'll do both in one.

Comment

• goju
              • Aug 2009

ok mate, look forward to it

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

we get bumped royaly here in the Uk fingers.. iv'e been using a modified swivel.. Everlast chain link housing with a plastic ball.. seems to work quite well.. but i would love to have metal housing / metal ball combo
                Goju!! i have an old housing also! i was thinking of buying this http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/pro-...ok-swivel.html from Sugar rays and taking the ball out and cobbling the two into a ball hook job! you never know it might work mate.

Comment

• goju
                  • Aug 2009

Im not sure there is a ball in that swivel mate... i think its some form of plate thing .. not sure what it would be called, but it looks like the very 1st swivel i used, which was mounted on one of those mutligym platforms. BUT.. i have even thought of trying to find that old swivel and putting it in my housing.. if i cant get someone to drill a ball bearing for me ill give it a try,.. i could be wrong though mate.. maybe AK can tell us whats inside that swivel.

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

Im not sure there is a ball in that swivel mate... i think its some form of plate thing .. not sure what it would be called, but it looks like the very 1st swivel i used, which was mounted on one of those mutligym platforms. BUT.. i have even thought of trying to find that old swivel and putting it in my housing.. if i cant get someone to drill a ball bearing for me ill give it a try,.. i could be wrong though mate.. maybe AK can tell us whats inside that swivel.
                    I see what you mean!! oh well!! i will just have to stick with my title pro! its fast and smooth and quiet so i dont mind, i may e mail sugar rays and tell them there is a market for the metal ball hook in the UK well i know they would sell 2 at least!!

Comment

• goju
                      • Aug 2009

well i think im going to get some of those ball bearings that vini posted.. if i can get them drilled ill send you a couple. A mate of my old man is a grease monkey so he has all the bits to do it.. ill keep you posted fingers.

Comment

• fingers
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • May 2008

Goju thanks for that anything you need just ask!!

Comment

• goju
                          • Aug 2009

No problem mate.. not sure how long it will take but i will get it sorted. And thanks too
                          Last edited by goju; 11-16-2009, 09:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• watkinsfitness
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Apr 2017

Is this real life?

Is this real life? Yes, I represent the company that makes the ever-so-popular-yet-you-can-never-get-them-because-theyre-never-in-stock Steel Speed Bag Swivel.

We have these in stock. Currently re-vamped our website, where you can order and we'll ACTUALLY ship it within the next 24-36 hours. These are limited (Sadly, I'm not joking).

So, here's the skinny. We've been out of the game for a while (as you can tell). The original owner of the company (my Grandfather) passed away in 2012. The old site was still up and running but the only person who knew how to keep the site alive (me) was finishing up college and got a 9-5 after. So now, I'm still working the 9-5 and re-vamping our website and company. What is sleep? Because I don't get it.

So, Long story short...if you want em, come and get em. I've got 5 in stock right now, there maybe more, we're still sorting it out.

For those of you that never got theirs, had to cancel their order, or anything of the like, send me a message.

If the mods need verification that I am who I say I am, please let me know.

Here's the Speed Bag Swivel on the new site: Speed Bag Swivel -
                            Steel Construction

EDIT: I just revived an 8 year old thread. Holy....

Comment

• watkinsfitness
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                              ...Okay, I just ordered one swivel. hope I don't regret it
                              Just processed it. It will go out tomorrow. USPS Priority Mail. I see that a couple of others have made orders as well. Which means that we have 3 left.

Comment

• jaja6009
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Dec 2016

Yeah I ordered one too. It seems like with the Deville, Swiveltek and some of the ones listed on Ebay, if you hesitate they're gone.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...