• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Altering the loop on a speedbag

Has anyone ever altered the loop on a speeedbag in order to make it fit properly on a swivel? Like trimming or cutting a loop because the space for the loop on the swivel is too narrow. I was just wondering how you guys felt about taking a really nice bag and butchering the loop. I recently switched over to the old everlast chain link swivel, and several of my bags just don't fit properly because the loops are too wide.
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Rather than modifying multiple speed bag loops, have you considered modifying the chain link?

The vintage Everlast chain link swivel uses the Diamond Chain Company size 60 chain link. If you replace the link with a size 80 instead, you should gain a little more than 1/4" of pin width. A couple of small washers on the swivel side pin as bushings will keep the chain link centered.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

Yes I just did that a few moments ago and it worked. What I actually did was use the link from the title platinum chain link swivel. It's a little wider. It fit and works fine.

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Very cool!
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

I will keep that one filed away.Good stuff

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...