• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EvilWizardGlick
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2017

Medical issue limits bag technique

Hi there,

New user but I bought Kahn's book and video in the 90's. I practiced and managed tricks like elbows and such.
    In 2001 -2003 I had Cancer surgery. My left Trapezius was removed from neck to shoulder and I have a very deep pit running from left mid back to armpit. I think they took everything from shoulder to about four inches down. Leaving nothing but skin over bone, bumping it is painful. My left neck tendons are like steel cables.
    But I practice bag work. Mainly jab/backfist combo. Quick jab rolling into a backfist.
    I can't do too many other techniques as my left shoulder becomes sore and tight. So I can't stand in front of the bag and fist roll.
    I move around the bag while I work it and use a xs to xss bag.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to expand my horizons with the limitations I have?
    I can manage five or so minutes of good pace until my shoulder stiffens and gets sore. There are no amount of stretches to fix this either.
    Thank You
    Steve
    PS
    Mr. Kahn we exchanges a couple of e-mails when I bought your book and vhs. I think they had just come out. You were very helpful.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...