• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcruz
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2011

Everlast platform, Powermill Swivel, and Cleto Reyes Bag Detailed Photos

I finally got around to hanging up my new Powermill Swivel and Cleto Reyes bag. I wanted to share some before and after photos for those who may be contemplating this setup.

Unfortunately, when removing the screws, one of them stripped, so I'll have to replace it.

Swivel
    I'm glad Ryan adjusted the S-hook so that it will accommodate the bag hook nicely. I've read that the Cleto Reyes bags had thick loops. As you can see, it is still pretty snug!

The swivel that was included with the Everlast Platform wasn't that bad. But the Powermill Evil Swivel is so much better. I found that I need a little more practice to hit the bag accurately since the U-Swivel is biased towards a back and fourth direction where as the ball swivel with S-hook has much more freedom to move in any direction.

Bag
    The leather on the Cleto Reyes feels so much nicer than the Everlast. Let's see how it holds up. I'm tempted to condition it with leather conditioner since I paid a premium for this hand crafted beauty over the Everlast. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I noticed that this combo is much faster because of the smooth ball and socket of the swivel and the much smaller size of the bag. The Cleto has really nice bounce and it doesn't scratch up my hands like the Everlast.

My experience with the Cleto is so good so far, I'm just thinking I'll round out my collection with a Mini and Large?

For anyone contemplating this swivel or bag, just stop and buy them already!
    Attached Files
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

U could use a machine screw going all the way through your board with a nut on top where its stripped.....excellent pics!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

....and where's the current video of your skills? Get that wife of yours to shoot for you (not to be confused with shooting 'at' you! )

All kidding aside, nice detailed pictures.
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Nice!! i drilled straight through the drum and used bolts with washers and wing nuts! secure and makes for easy removal.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...