• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Ringside EZ Lock. Yikes

I've read more than a few reviews on this swivel and there doesn't seem to be a lot of love out there for the Ringside ez lock. "Its uncontrollable" "The pin fly's out while hitting" etc.

I recently turned a buddy on to the speed bag, he purchased an Everlast 6-9 online and ordered a swivel. Long story short, he received the swivel today and called me as he thought there might be something wrong with it and could he bring it over after we were both off work. This thing looks like it was hand cut by a drunk guy. Things don't line up and as you see in the picture it hangs very crooked when screwed on to my wall mount. Also, I had no idea these swivels hung so low, about an inch lower than the Everlast U-hook.

I hope the picture doesn't come out sideways but good Lord, it's a tad weird.
    Attached Files
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • m.breen
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    I've read more than a few reviews on this swivel and there doesn't seem to be a lot of love out there for the Ringside ez lock. "Its uncontrollable" "The pin fly's out while hitting" etc.

I recently turned a buddy on to the speed bag, he purchased an Everlast 6-9 online and ordered a swivel. Long story short, he received the swivel today and called me as he thought there might be something wrong with it and could he bring it over after we were both off work. This thing looks like it was hand cut by a drunk guy. Things don't line up and as you see in the picture it hangs very crooked when screwed on to my wall mount. Also, I had no idea these swivels hung so low, about an inch lower than the Everlast U-hook.

I hope the picture doesn't come out sideways but good Lord, it's a tad weird.
    Wow....That looks pretty bad. I do like the nice thick U bolt. I would have to try to straighten that out, but, I would think it would break.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

I have one of those, and from the looks of what I see, it has more to do with the loop sits in the U bolt http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...3&d=1485592212

Still the one you are looking at looks like it wasn't drilled straight on

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        I have one of those, and from the looks of what I see, it has more to do with the loop sits in the U bolt http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...3&d=1485592212

Still the one you are looking at looks like it wasn't drilled straight on
        Yeah I see that. Looks to be the same problem on both, the one I posted had a few other less than accurate angles to it (it was also a little off from the side view as well. Rather than return it the guy plans to make his own parts to correct the swivel -just return it and get something better- He's got a great setup in his shop so..

So you still have the swivel in your picture?
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Yes, and an old school Everlast ball hook that screws right into that flange mount as well. With the size of the bags that I hit that little tilt makes no real difference in the way it rebounds.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...