X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Rod Stewart's "Stay with Me" with MsDeville

Here's a song from way back – 1971... it was a hit before most of you were even born!

I dropped this tune in my playlist last night and went for it. (Paranday mentioned this song to me and commented on the great guitar intro). I guess I decided it needed some bag beat added to it!

It was a dry run, not very good, but it might show my progression as I feel my way through the song*... Sometimes, I feel like I do the best punch drumming "on the fly" so to speak. If I practice on a certain song for too long, I seem to lose something in the final translation. Hope this makes sense. Maybe my fellow punch drummers can relate.

*I finally got in the groove at about 3 minutes in... Oh, and I was jazzed that I just about nailed the final beat in time with the music!

YT hasn't deleted the audio... yet. (It's weird how it indiscriminately? turns off the audio, or keeps a video from playing on mobile devices... which sucks for ventanakaz. Sorry, Ralph.)

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Um, so does this mean you take requests? Will fumble for some spare change to put in the jukebox...

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      Um, so does this mean you take requests? Will fumble for some spare change to put in the jukebox...
      Actually, it would be interesting to know what others like in the way of punch drumming music. I still haven't punched to country western, heavy metal, or classical although I do workout to a couple of c-w songs as well as (lightweight) metal.

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      i saw you vid dee it's been awhile since i seen one ;-) at the end you flowed with the song. love what you did at the very end of the song it made me giggle and smile LOL. i would like to learn how to punch drumm looks like fun...ralph
      Sorry about that Ralph. Didn't know that YouTube would block the last couple of vids due to my music choices–they blocked the last 2 from being viewed on mobile devices. About the ending of the vid. I was pretty happy that it played out so perfectly...couldn't hold back my excitement.
      Last edited by MsDeville; 12-09-2011, 05:41 PM.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        Here's a song from way back – 1971... it was a hit before most of you were even born!

I dropped this tune in my playlist last night and went for it. (Paranday mentioned this song to me and commented on the great guitar intro). I guess I decided it needed some bag beat added to it!

It was a dry run, not very good, but it might show my progression as I feel my way through the song*... Sometimes, I feel like I do the best punch drumming "on the fly" so to speak. If I practice on a certain song for too long, I seem to lose something in the final translation. Hope this makes sense. Maybe my fellow punch drummers can relate.

*I finally got in the groove at about 3 minutes in... Oh, and I was jazzed that I just about nailed the final beat in time with the music!

I normally do the best when I am not concentrating specifically on Punching but just jammin' with the tune. When I normally try to "do it right", I screw it up. Got a few takes of that, too.

You're were getting with it in those last few minutes. Love the "yes!!" statement with your hands at the end. Joyful bagging.

YT hasn't deleted the audio... yet. (It's weird how it indiscriminately? turns off the audio, or keeps a video from playing on mobile devices... which sucks for ventanakaz. Sorry, Ralph.)

As for youtube filtering out songs, it's done automatically follow the links in the article and it goes to other info. No Rhyme or reason.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Great Tune and Punch Drumming once again MsDeville!

Go girl! You surely did get into an incredible groove at about 3:00 in! Great punch drumming with some incredibly long and fast fist rolls! Very challenging!

Actually, it would be interesting to know what others like in the way of punch drumming music. I still haven't punched to country western, heavy metal, or classical although I do workout to a couple of c-w songs as well as (lightweight) metal.
          Here is a song that I've been bag groovin to lately Denise. I think you'll like this one

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          I normally do the best when I am not concentrating specifically on Punching but just jammin' with the tune. When I normally try to "do it right", I screw it up. Got a few takes of that, too.

You're were getting with it in those last few minutes. Love the "yes!!" statement with your hands at the end. Joyful bagging.
          I totally agree with you Allen about the best punching happens to be when I'm just jammin!

Oh, by the way! I started referring to Denise's patented FDP followed by a back then front split fist "The Deville". I've finally started fitting it into my jam sessions. So, Denise Thanks for the influence that has evolved form your Rhythmic punching style into my punch drumming! I truly enjoy watching your vidz and your music choices!

Keep on Posting Vidz my friend!
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Yup. Just jammin' is my favorite thing to do. If I hear a good song on the radio or my ipod, I'm runnin' out to the shed to see if I can "improve" on it by adding my own musical instrument.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              Go girl! You surely did get into an incredible groove at about 3:00 in! Great punch drumming with some incredibly long and fast fist rolls! Very challenging!

I totally agree with you Alan about the best punching happens to be when I'm just jammin!

Oh, by the way! I started referring to Denise's patented FDP followed by a back then front split fist "The Deville".
              AWESOME, nova! ..."The Deville." ...has a nice ring to it. Thanks for the great comment!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

AWESOME, nova! ..."The Deville." ...has a nice ring to it. Thanks for the great comment!
                Too bad you are not a barber.

You could be the Barber of Deville.

I know... it just happens.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Too bad you are not a barber.

You could be the Barber of Deville.

I know... it just happens.
                  If my name was Sweeney Todd, I'd have you sit in my special barber chair. Some puns require a little revenge.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    If my name was Sweeney Todd, I'd have you sit in my special barber chair. Some puns require a little revenge.
                    Indeed, they do. I Challenge your Sweeney Todd with the Edward Scissorhands,

(third cousin to Speedbag Scissorhands. )
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Haha, I know that movie. Oddly, my favorite scene is where the lady is playing gospel music with the corny auto rhythm accompaniment of the cheesy keyboard doing it's thing. Could bag to that. But you already knew that.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...