New Speedbagger Here....looking to expand my setup...Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rez90
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2014

New Speedbagger Here....looking to expand my setup...Suggestions?

Hi. About a month ago i bought an inexpensive Everlast Speed Bag Platform and title Medium speed bag. Since then my wife and I have really fallen in love with it. She asked if we could get another setup so we could work together and i happened to stumble on this forum.

I figure before i buy the same setup i'd ask for some suggestions on a speed bag setup for home. I'd like to keep the platform price lower but i'll spend whatever on the bag and swivel.

Just looking for suggestions on what you guys use at home and your likes/dislikes.

Thanks
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Welcome to the forum and being a couple that bags together!. A lot of people here like the Everlast adjustable platform. http://www.shopeverlast.com/adjustab...-platform.html. I'd suggest you peruse your local Craigslist for this, as they show up pretty regularly. As far as bags, everyone has their favorites. If you go through the posts on here you can get an idea of what's out there. Feel free to ask questions. There is no such thing as a stupid question here, we're all teachers looking forward to helping you.

Comment

• Rez90
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2014

Thank you for the kind response. The everlast platform is the one i have now...so if it's regarded as a decent product i'll likely purchase that again.

Regarding the bag i'll poke around. I'm looking for something that's relatively fast as the Title bag i have now seems to be right in the middle of the spectrum. At my local boxing gym they have an ever last bag that's very light and extremely fast....which i am pretty sure i like. So i was curious if anyone has suggestions on bags that are regarded as lighter/faster. Otherwise i can just try the ever last bag. The Ringside bag that's on sale right now also seems to get excellent reviews. I'm also considering a Deville Swivel.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Rez90 View Post
        Thank you for the kind response. The everlast platform is the one i have now...so if it's regarded as a decent product i'll likely purchase that again.

Regarding the bag i'll poke around. I'm looking for something that's relatively fast as the Title bag i have now seems to be right in the middle of the spectrum. At my local boxing gym they have an ever last bag that's very light and extremely fast....which i am pretty sure i like. So i was curious if anyone has suggestions on bags that are regarded as lighter/faster. Otherwise i can just try the ever last bag. The Ringside bag that's on sale right now also seems to get excellent reviews. I'm also considering a Deville Swivel.

Thanks again.
        You can pick that wall unit up on ebay for a lot cheaper.

Everlast adjustable auction 1

Everlast adjustable 2 (* this one is almost up.)
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Rez90
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2014

Thank you!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...