• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dumbcluck
    • Jun 2013

wow

amazing dee.
    watching you in action keeps me wondering how I can do that sort of stuff too.
    thanks for the inspiration and the #13.
    progress is not fast yet but im in it for the long haul. learning new things daily. im at around month two. just getting some reverse punching, fist rolling and accuracy practice in mostly. next is figuring out how to seemlesly transition from one to the other...
    for what its worth, the small leone bag has proven to be my favorite bag so far.
    Jimbo

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      Here's MsDeville at 3 months:

Check her channel for more early DeVille.

Sorry, but MsDeville looks awesome at ANY TIME, and everyone looks better with a speed bag as an accessory.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

yes,signs of a champion even at 3mths,look at the determination.great memories of 2010 Real Gym NJ and meeting Dee,a special girl with a place in my heart forever,no nicer woman has ever punched the speedbag,thats for sure.keep punching Dee.deano

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Thanks!

Thanks, fellow baggers, Dumbcluck, swfl, cmedinas88, rehamco1, for all of the really nice comments. It's also nice to know that I have inspired some of you to take up the art of punching to music.

"Hitting the speed bag has become a serious addiction for me. It's really been life changing. It's improved my quality of life in many many ways." -Jake

Jake, you and me both! (As well as many others, I'm sure.) It's very therapeutic, imo.

"...then, I saw MsDeville punch drumming & that was it, I HAD to try this. A few days later...ADDICTED! Thank you MsDeville!" - zaza

Zaza, your dedication to the bag has been amazing and has elevated your skills to the point where you have left me in the dust! You, sir, are now inspiring ME! I'm determined to get that shadow punch working flawlessly for me and watching your videos has helped me to get closer to my goal.

"…would love to see some of your first videos… wish I could learn faster." -rehamco1

When we get the addiction, all we want to do is get better, fast. I know the feeling. But, have patience, it will come. Just lots and lots of practice. There is some discomfort at first because we're kind of shocking those muscles that haven't been used in that manner. But, if you work through it, the pain disappears and skills appear. Paranday posted the video at my 3 month mark. But, here is my progress at just 3 weeks. I'm glad that I have this video to show how far I have come.

"yes, signs of a champion even at 3 mths, look at the determination.great memories of 2010 Real Gym NJ and meeting Dee, a special girl with a place in my heart forever,no nicer woman has ever punched the speedbag, thats for sure.keep punching Dee." -deano

Ahh, deano. So nice to hear from you. Thanks for your kind remarks. Yes, I was determined to master the bag 4 years ago. I had the full support and encouragement from my partner, Raul. And, this forum and all of its members have done so much for me over the years. I'll never forget that first speed bag gathering in Keyport. Meeting you and your dad, Ted was a highlight of that weekend. You will always have a special place in my heart and I'm sure in the hearts of many others who attended. Your unique style of punching has captivated us and inspired us. And, only a few have been able to imitate your style. Juxt comes to mind… I understand that you are recovering from some shoulder surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you can get under the board again soon. Miss you, mate…
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Zaza, your dedication to the bag has been amazing and has elevated your skills to the point where you have left me in the dust! You, sir, are now inspiring ME! I'm determined to get that shadow punch working flawlessly for me and watching your videos has helped me to get closer to my goal.
            Thanks Ms.Dee...but I have in NO WAY left you in the dust! You remain a true inspiration for all speed bagger's and the "Queen of Bag".

Here's a blast from the past....my first video after hitting for one month. Please note the U-Bolt swivel. A week later I had my first Ball-Hook swivel and there's been no looking back!

It's kind of fun to see where you've come from...
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Dumbcluck
              • Jun 2013

Wow

Man z and d both seem to have skills at an early stage. Maybe I don't practice enough transitioning from one move to the next. Very inspiring guys. I have no videos but perhaps I should make one to see how I look hitting the bag. Other people seem to have a natural flow. Ill have to look into this.
              Thanks
              Jimbo

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dumbcluck View Post
                Man z and d both seem to have skills at an early stage. Maybe I don't practice enough transitioning from one move to the next. Very inspiring guys. I have no videos but perhaps I should make one to see how I look hitting the bag. Other people seem to have a natural flow. Ill have to look into this.
                Thanks
                Yes... please post some video. It really helps to see yourself. Try to shoot level, just below your shoulders from the side and Alan will review and comment. That's what helped me! ...that and lots of practice!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Dumbcluck
                  • Jun 2013

Ok

Will do Zaza.
                  What can I do to pre order that fantastic film of yours?
                  Jimbo

Comment

• juxt
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

cool video. it sounds like you bag perfect to the rhythm. It adds a bit of punch to the song.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                      cool video. it sounds like you bag perfect to the rhythm. It adds a bit of punch to the song.
                      Thanks, Justin. This is a fun tune to punch along with. That is, as long as I don't listen too closely to the lyrics.

I punched to this "Blurred Lines" song just days before the big Miley Cyrus/Robin Thicke exhibition on the MTV Video Music Awards. … Funny coincidence… When I recorded this, I was wearing the same exact costume under my clothes as Miley was wearing!
                      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Nailed that song, Dee. On time all the way.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dumbcluck View Post
                          Thanks
                          Hey Jimbo, believe me, my skills came slowly. It took me months to figure out how to do simple linking! I think I was able to advance my skills due to the fact that I have an in-house instructor! Raul was able to start me on the basic punches, but because he comes from a boxing background, he was unfamiliar with complicated punching combinations. His punches have to serve a purpose. My punch-drumming combos are for artistic purposes.

I have noticed over the years that most of the more advanced baggers here on the forum seem to have one thing in common. They have music in their background. Most of them are, or were at one time, a musician. There are a lot of former drummers who have taken up speed bagging. I'm not sure if Joe (zaza) played drums, but I do know that he plays guitar, and I'm sure you've seen his banjo punch drumming video.

So with that said, I, myself, do not play any instruments. Well, I don't play any proficiently. I had a year of clarinet lessons, and I can play a few tunes on my ukelele and on the piano, but that's about it. I used to sing in high school, so at least I know that I have rhythm.

I just watched the latest "teaser" from "Art of the Bag" and my quote in the clip sums it up for me: "…it's just instinct, once you get the basic punches down, your hands just go." But, I suppose having some natural rhythm is pretty important in order to punch drum.

http://www.artofthebag.com Teaser for the just released film "Art of the Bag". This film follows the evolution of the speed bag through time and focuses on t...

Comment

• Dumbcluck
                            • Jun 2013

Cool

Great clip. This is going to be a great movie.
                            I'm not much in the rhythm dept. no good sense of timing which always made me an awful musician. The bag has helped me In That respect. I feel like my rhythm although not good, is getting slightly better.
                            Jimbo

Comment

• Alan Hondre
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Apr 2016

Fabulous MsDeVille

I'm addicted to seeing you work the Bag in your videos. Your music selections and speedbaggin' alwayz makes me see starz! I can't get enuf of your speedbagg seduction.
                              Here's to your sweet, seductive Whappity-Whap!

Aln

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...