• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Largest sized speed bag

Newbie inquire. I am looking for the largest sized speed bag available. I would like to develop some strength and power first before working speed. I found a 10x12 Title bag. Anyone have info for anything larger?. Or would the 10x12 be a good choice? I have found the Forum most helpful in my quest for baggin ( as it is called here and I find everyone here very knowledgeable!). Thank you for any directive
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

The big blue Title 10x12 has a few fans on here. I am one. I love the big dumb thing. Punching it reminds me of the hippity-hop I had as a child.

But I'm wondering if its too slow for a newbie? Also be careful what you get is not too big for your platform. I modified the loop on my big blue, and it just barely fits on a 24" platform.

-rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      The big blue Title 10x12 has a few fans on here. I am one. I love the big dumb thing. Punching it reminds me of the hippity-hop I had as a child.

But I'm wondering if its too slow for a newbie? Also be careful what you get is not too big for your platform. I modified the loop on my big blue, and it just barely fits on a 24" platform.

-rusty
      Thanks Shack for your tips. The Big Blue may just be my choice too. I now recall seeing your post about modifying your Big Blue. Wasn't it you had a shoe cobbler run a stitch across the loop? There is so much information I have read on the Forum, it is sometimes difficult to remember just where I read stuff . I hit topics here at random

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Yeah, that was this post http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...4&postcount=20
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

Yes. That is the post that convinced me to go BIG for a speed bag just starting out. All righty now. Time to go to Amazon and get a Big Blue.....
          Last edited by REB; 01-26-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Hey, I just said I like the bag. I have no idea what is best for beginners. And I've tried to teach 3 or 4 people so far without much luck. But if you do get the big blue, don't expect it to be the end all be-all of speed bags. Just your first. To me, they are like Michael Bolton songs. I sort of like them all, I guess.

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

Hey, I just said I like the bag. I have no idea what is best for beginners. And I've tried to teach 3 or 4 people so far without much luck. But if you do get the big blue, don't expect it to be the end all be-all of speed bags. Just your first. To me, they are like Michael Bolton songs. I sort of like them all, I guess.

-Rusty
              Not to worry... I will not blame ya if it is a bust for me. However, I am of a mind already, that it will be a positive outcome I find ways to make things work for me... I will find good in Big Blue

Comment

• REB
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by REB View Post
                Not to worry... I will not blame ya if it is a bust for me. However, I am of a mind already, that it will be a positive outcome I find ways to make things work for me... I will find good in Big Blue
                Anyway, I will be adding smaller and smaller sized bags as I become more proficient in the art...

I do take everyone on the Forum, their advice and experiences quite seriously

Comment

• REB
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2017

Rusty,
                  What is the PSI you keep in your Big Blue? Thank you

Comment

• REB
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2017

Rusty,
                    What is the PSI you keep in your Big Blue? Thank you
                    I purchased a ball air pump with a gauge today . I put in 6 lb. It feels about right. Any input?

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

I purchased a ball air pump with a gauge today . I put in 6 lb. It feels about right. Any input?
                      This thread has some info...

@ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2017

Thank you for the link.. I bookmarked it. good bladder removal info too

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

The only outfit that I'm aware of currently making really big bags is Genesport in Quebec. Take a gander at these http://www.genesport.net/store/Out/index.htm

Comment

• REB
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2017

I love those big bags! I can feel the power in em .... I highly appreciate the link. They also have swivels I have yet to see any where else online...
                            Last edited by REB; 02-01-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...