• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

Vintage Everlast Professional bags on eBay

Currently on eBay there are some good vintage Everlast Professional bags. If you have never hit on a USA made 4200 you might be surprised how nicely these bags are.

The 4204 has some weird stitching problem on the bottom, but otherwise looks pretty decent.

There are two other 4200's but the price is $130ish for both and the one looks beat to death.
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

The 4204 looks legit with original bladder. But pretty beat for that price. IMO, the weird stitching on the bottom is fraying of the plastic Everlast label. I don't think I will be bidding, but good luck to the bidders!

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Somebody bought the 4204, not me.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Yeah the 4204 looked like it had gone through the wars. Pretty much the lot reminded me of bags that had been used in a pro gym. I wouldn't mind having a 4204, but they don't show up that often, and when they do they are either beat to crap, or they want too much or both.......

Comment

• Kenal0
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2018

4204 me. I am hoping the weird stitching on the bottom of label is just how the vinyl label tore away and is nothing major. All the panels looked okay.

Kenal0

Comment

• Bag Man
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Kenal0 View Post
            4204 me. I am hoping the weird stitching on the bottom of label is just how the vinyl label tore away and is nothing major. All the panels looked okay.

Kenal0
            It is. I've had the same happen on a number of Everlasts. Why would I lie?

Bag Man
            "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

I don't know why anyone isn't jumping on that 4200 jaja posted above. Sure, its worn, but its nice and worn. I have 3 of them myself, so I'm good. But I think someone here would be happy to have it.

Hmm. Maybe I should get this bag, and flip my #3 for a profit? Meh, not worth it.

-Rusty
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• VsB
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2018

how does this one look to you guys?:

thx

Comment

• gyrene2083
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • May 2018

I snatched that 4200 up now I'm looking for the Everlast 4440 Swivel, and in my mind this 'Ole Marine will be back in at the Lost Battalion Gym in Queens. lol

@jaja6009 thanks for posting it, and @rdshackelford thanks for the push to jump on the 4200. ( I was on the fence, but you I could hear my old coach while I was hitting the bag, and you pushed me over the fence.lol)
                  Last edited by gyrene2083; 06-01-2018, 03:11 PM.
                  -Semper Fi
                  gyrene2083

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

Hoo rah!

Comment

• jaja6009
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Dec 2016

How is that 4200? You can use some mini oil or leather cleaner and conditioner to help restore it if it's best up.

Comment

• gyrene2083
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • May 2018

@jaja6009 I didn't get the 4200 yet, but I was going to ask you would Lexol be ok? I used to use that as a kid on my baseball glove. Also, what kind of oil would you recommend?
                        -Semper Fi
                        gyrene2083

Comment

• jaja6009
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Dec 2016

I am in no way an expert in leather care, but I have used Lexol cleaner and conditioner, and I have used mink oil. Some others may chime in. Hope you like your new bag. I have two 4200's now, one that is really old and one that is somewhat old as in it was still made in the USA, but the leather isn't as nice as the older one. Both have beat up welting, but they both are very nice fun bags.

Comment

• Bag Man
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                            I am in no way an expert in leather care, but I have used Lexol cleaner and conditioner, and I have used mink oil. Some others may chime in. Hope you like your new bag. I have two 4200's now, one that is really old and one that is somewhat old as in it was still made in the USA, but the leather isn't as nice as the older one. Both have beat up welting, but they both are very nice fun bags.
                            I've used both. Can't say that I see any difference.

Steve
                            "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

gyrene, do a search here on the forum. lots of great threads about restoring and caring for vintage bags.

-Rusty
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...