X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morphiusrt
    • Mar 2019

Found a great source for my backboard

I had the $80 setup from Title and it was fun in the beginning but there was still too much vibration so I figured add some more wood so I used the end of a wooden wire reel in hopes it would fix it. And it still didn't fix it. I think it has to do with the design of it. (See first photo)

I was looking thru amazon and found the Best Choice Products setup for $56 Amazon Link. I figure it would give me a good base to upgrade if needed. Immediately I knew the wood would not be good enough. So I was looking thru facebook marketplace for butcher blocks and came upon Lea (link below) selling custom made ones. So I purchased a 24" Oak drum which weighs about 60lbs and that changed my life. My wife is about a foot shorter than me so we either have to adjust it every time or she could use the old setup in the photo with the yellow bag. But upon using my new setup once she said the old setup was literal garbage in comparison so we decided to do a similar setup for my wife but this time we used 3" and we used Poplar to keep the price down. Now we are both so happy. I just wanted to share for anyone they may be looking for a source for a good backboard. If you use the best choice setup you will need to reinforce the far end because it bounces even with a sandbag so I have added a Reversible Dewalt Bar Clamp that I braced to the ceiling and the side closest to my head (sorry no photos of that).

Custom Backboards unfortunately shipping my cost a pretty penny but the quality is top notch. Everyone I have showed it to thought I took a brand new piece of furniture and made it.

Bracket $56
    Backboard $90
    Dewalt Clamp $30 (could have made a brace of wood for a fraction of the cost but this was so easy)
    Misc Hardware $6

I am very happy with my setups now.
    Attached Files
  • OzYank
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2019

Nice looking setup. Well done.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Very nice! This is funny, I accidentally happened across that Etsy listing yesterday, purely by chance, was looking for something else. I noticed the Arc swivel and wondered who's it was. LOL.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...