• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sidecarr
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2008

cardio kickboxing

wow just did a week free trial at a gym ,tried the cardio kickboxing ,I was the only guy in the class which was good and bad ,good because I could look at all the women ,bad because they move the whole hour and if the women were not takeing a break no way I could ,found out im in better shape then I thought I was , joined the gym today ,going to continue the cardio kickboxing
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

who's running the class?
    sigpic

Comment

• sidecarr
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2008

they have a woman running the class ,young thing in her 20s , I noticed when we were doing back kicks she wasnt looking where she was kicking ,so I asked her about it, she said she yes she should look where shes kicking but shes looking in the mirror makeing sure nobody is over doing it , found out she competes in mauy thai ,said she got her but kicked on saturday. its a hell of a cardio workout
      Last edited by sidecarr; 08-07-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

I took a cardio kickboxing class a while back. It was run by a friend of mine. I don't think she competed though
        sigpic

Comment

• sidecarr
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2008

when I first took it I figured it would be an easy kardio workout ,but its a great workout

Comment

• Bentan
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2014

Cardio kickboxing not only improve your general fitness but also improve cardiovascular system, and burn higher energy if performed at high intensity.
            Last edited by Bentan; 02-02-2016, 02:13 AM.
            Stones Sharp Accountants
            Stones Sharp Accountants
            Stones Sharp Accountants

Comment

• sharon123
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • May 2014

cardio kickboxing workout burns between 10-15 calories per minute, or roughly 270 – 405 total.
              Last edited by sharon123; 05-19-2014, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Galee
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jun 2014

Hit gym regularly to meet your fitness goals and like to add, kick boxing improve your heart condition, general fitness and increase your self confidence.
                -----------
                BrienShamp
                248 Harbor Blvd, Belmont
                CA 94002
                650-654-4604
                Last edited by Galee; 06-14-2014, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• MANIMAL
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Dec 2014

I teach cardio kickboxing where i'm from and it is one of the best/fun ways to increase cardiovascular endurance and shed body fat.

The amount of calories burned depends on the variables of each individual (age/weight/gender/etc. as well as where the heart rate is throughout the workout), but it is absolutely one great way to burn a lot of calories and tone up various muscles on the body.

I also teach my classes with gloves/pads as the amount of force required for the strike increases with resistance, thus leading to more calories being burned

Comment

• rehamco1
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by MANIMAL View Post
                    I teach cardio kickboxing where i'm from and it is one of the best/fun ways to increase cardiovascular endurance and shed body fat.

The amount of calories burned depends on the variables of each individual (age/weight/gender/etc. as well as where the heart rate is throughout the workout), but it is absolutely one great way to burn a lot of calories and tone up various muscles on the body.

I also teach my classes with gloves/pads as the amount of force required for the strike increases with resistance, thus leading to more calories being burned
                    Are you going to learn speed bagging as another way to burn calories? What size bag were you thinking of starting with? with your training you should go far with the speed bag. Have you ever heard of a kick boxer using a speed bag for a practice session. Our local YMCA told me that is what they are using. just wondered.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...