Process to troubleshoot and isolate problems with bag/board/swivel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Process to troubleshoot and isolate problems with bag/board/swivel.

Originally posted by swaddington View Post
    i'm having a small issue with my setup and i have no idea what's causing it. i was hitting my bag a few weeks ago and was doing quite well with it, no problems were being experienced.

i use a chainlink speed bag swivel and a vinyl 7x11" everlast bag which on two parallel faces has a stitched everlast emblem. for some reason, everytime i hit the bag now the bag drags to the other parallel side. meaning, assuming the bag was a compass, and the sides with the everlast emblem are north and south, the bag constantly drags and i can only keep it going if i hit the east and west sides. it's not an enormous problem i guess but i can't keep it going as fast and as consistently as i could before.

any ideas why it's dragging to this one side?
    Hard to say on this without seeing or hearing it, but It is a good bet it could be either your swivel, OR your bag.

1. Try other bags on this swivel. If the same screwy action happens with other bags, it is probably the swivel.

2. Take this bag to other boards and swivels. If this vinyl bag acts the some on other swivels, than it's probably your bag. (With the bag you describe, I suspect it is probably the culprit...)

3. Test your BOARD by changing the swivel and the bag. If the same things happens, with other bags and swivels, than it might be the board. It's been known to happen.

If 1,2,3 don't help eliminate or isolate your problem, then it's just possible that you've got yourself genuine speed bag gremlin.

Good luck
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...