• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Nicols swivel.

What would a Nicols swivel from the 40s have in $$ value? (Very good condition). This is not for me but someone else
    Attached Files
    Last edited by REB; 06-18-2018, 01:04 PM.
  • Bag Man
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by REB View Post
    What would a Nicols swivel from the 40s have in $$ value? (Very good condition). This is not for me but someone else
    They come up on Ebay once in a while. This one looks to be in good shape. I have one that is in the original box. I can't recall exactly what I paid for it, but I think is was south of $100.

Bag Man
    "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Most Nichols of that era that have come up on eBay have sold in the $25 to $50 range, some less, some more. Timing is everything tho, it depends upon whether or not there is more than one person looking for one when you have it up for sale. While desirable, they are not that rare, compared for instance to a D&M "Lucky Dog".

Comment

• Bag Man
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Most Nichols of that era that have come up on eBay have sold in the $25 to $50 range, some less, some more. Timing is everything tho, it depends upon whether or not there is more than one person looking for one when you have it up for sale. While desirable, they are not that rare, compared for instance to a D&M "Lucky Dog".
        That's were I would value it. The box may make it worth a bit more if you are a collector. If you are going to use it, the box likely adds little value.

As Dutchman says they are not that rare. I have a similar model Ben Lee, although it has two pieces. It's bit used, but you don't see too many pieces of Ben Lee equipment surface.

Steve
        "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
          That's were I would value it. The box may make it worth a bit more if you are a collector. If you are going to use it, the box likely adds little value.

As Dutchman says they are not that rare. I have a similar model Ben Lee, although it has two pieces. It's bit used, but you don't see too many pieces of Ben Lee equipment surface.

Steve
          Thanks guys... I will give Dutchman's assessment to the individual.
          I have a couple of BenLee bags..... Very delicate...( do not even hit on them)

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...