• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Akrowheels are awesome!!

Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that I have been using these things called Akrowheels and they are awesome. They are like pushup bars with wheels on them. They are shaped like dumbells. You can roll out to either side when you are doing pushups, kind of like doing dumbell flys. There are numerous variations of pushups you can do with these things. For those of you who don't have time or the space to workout with weights (amazing how having kids changes your life) this is the perfect solution. I have been using these things along with resistance tube exercises and I think I get a better workout then I did when I lifted weights. You can order the akrowheels from performbetter.com for $69 plus shipping, or you can order them from akrosolutions.com for $49 plus shipping. I ordered from the latter and I think I paid $11 shipping.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
    Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that I have been using these things called Akrowheels and they are awesome.
    I haven't used these but they look pretty neat. Here's the web site, they've got some video on it:

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh4ft...krowheels.com/

For those of you who don't have time or the space to workout with weights (amazing how having kids changes your life) this is the perfect solution.
    I'll second that! For years I worked out in the gym, but I just don't have the time to commute there, wait on equipment, plus their closed after 10pm,not open on holidays, etc. I'm all about the garage gym (at least until the kids get older).
    Last edited by Tim; 01-12-2008, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

My right shoulder hurts just looking at them.

I think I'll just stick with good ol' pushups and bench press.

In my younger, pre-injury days though, I'd surely try them and believe what you're saying about a great workout with them.

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

Hey atgatt sorry about the shoulder problems. Something that has helped me overcome problems in both my shoulders is using resistance tubes. Also, with the akrowheels, I do a lot of the exercises girlystyle (on my knees instead of on my toes) and man is it still a great workout. But if you have shoulder problems yeah I definitely would avoid these akrowheels as they do put more stress on your shoulders.

Comment

• atgatt
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

rigal,

You're right, you can still use the akrowheels in a "girlish" way. That's how I do a lot of my pushups and dips, behind closed doors, of course. I have to keep my manly image.

I use the stretch tubes when I'm on the road and used it a lot in my shoulder recovery. They are great.

Maybe someday when they are running a great sale on the akrowheels I'll give them a try. If you never showed them, I wouldn't have any idea they existed.

Thanks.

Comment

• MarkO
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Sep 2008

Yep! These really are awesome!

We see many ads for Perfect Pushups rotating handles and while we find these to be pretty cool, the new product offered by AKROW called the AKROWheels Pushup Training Tools really offer more than just a chest workout. By incorporating the traditional "exercise wheel" into a pushup handle the AKROWheels bring the obliques, abs, shoulders and glutes into each movement.

Three of our Fitzz Care Team members have been training with the Akrowheels and after four weeks they all reported significant development of obliques, abs, shoulders and of course pec muscles. For those of you who don't have time or the space to workout with weights this is the perfect solution and in our opinion blow the popular rotating handles - offered by Perfect Pushups - away!

The Akrowheels are like pushup bars with wheels on them and are shaped like dumbells. You can roll out to either side when you are doing pushups, kind of like doing dumbell flys. There are numerous variations of pushups you can do with these things. This is A MUST for any home workout program!

You can order the Akrowheels from Fitzz.com for only $49.99 plus shipping! Fitzz has a 30 Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee to it is a great time to give these a try! This is worth the money guys!
            Last edited by MarkO; 09-18-2008, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

I've actually built myself a set of these courtesy of instructions from Ross Enamait's NEVER GYMLESS. A book that if you don't have, I highly recommend getting. Based on Ross' instructions you need four 6" lawnmower wheels, two 1/2" x10" hex bolts, 1/4"-5/8" hose clams (I bought 6), and duct tape. Total I spent for the materials including two rolls of duct tape: $31.00 at Home Depot. I didn't really need duct tape , but I always seem to need some at some point. It took me ten minutes to put these together and they work fine. I'm sure the materials can be found even cheaper somewhere. If you have the money to spend on the Akrowheels and want to, then go for it. If you're a poor schmuck like me, then DIY is the way. Good luck and if you can, check out Rossboxing.com and if you get your hands on any of his books, you've found workout gold!!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by metaldad; 09-30-2008, 08:37 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

Metaldad, can you adjust the tension on the wheels?

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

no, these work like your run of the mill ab wheel
                  sigpic

Comment

• Styleten
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • May 2010

The surface you roll on is the method of changing the tension of the wheels you made via Ross tutorial. Smooth floor, rug, pavement, grass and home made inclines or declines.

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Styleten View Post
                      The surface you roll on is the method of changing the tension of the wheels you made via Ross tutorial. Smooth floor, rug, pavement, grass and home made inclines or declines.
                      Thanks for that! I'll have to try it!
                      sigpic

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

I agree with Metaldad on Ross Enamait's Books. I've got Full Throttle Conditioning, and Never Gymless; both awesome. I made a set of these wheels also, and they are very simple, but great. I always finish my workouts with a few sets on the wheels.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...