Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Speed bag discussion

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Speed bag discussion Speed bag technique, training, and equipment

Old 04-19-2017, 05:15 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

bernardblackhurst is on a distinguished road
Title Speedbag Problems

Hi, newbie here from the UK, so please go easy on me! I bought 2 Title Speedbags recently as I really liked the size and look of them but the only problem is no matter which way I hit them they wouldn't go straight! Which probably isn't surprising as they were both lop-sided to varying degrees (see pictures of the 2nd one). I noticed that they were made in China, obviously because it's cheaper to have them made there. [I had the same issue with two Everlast 9" x 6" bags also which were also lop-sided and again made in China].Have I just been unlucky? So does anyone know of an 8" x 5" bag that's more or less guaranteed to be of good quality and so probably not made in China? Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	5437   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	5438  

Last edited by bernardblackhurst; 04-19-2017 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Speed Bag Guru

fingers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardblackhurst View Post
Hi, newbie here from the UK, so please go easy on me! I bought 2 Title Speedbags recently as I really liked the size and look of them but the only problem is no matter which way I hit them they wouldn't go straight! Which probably isn't surprising as they were both lop-sided to varying degrees (see pictures of the 2nd one). I noticed that they were made in China, obviously because it's cheaper to have them made there. [I had the same issue with two Everlast 9" x 6" bags also which were also lop-sided and again made in China].Have I just been unlucky? So does anyone know of an 8" x 5" bag that's more or less guaranteed to be of good quality and so probably not made in China? Thanks for any help.
Hi Bernard!..... The Cleto Reyes bags are usually perfect....But you won't get any change from 100......... Beautiful bags!!

http://www.undisputedfightstore.com/...FcYV0wodr1sMGQ
Old 04-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
Hi Bernard!..... The Cleto Reyes bags are usually perfect....But you won't get any change from 100......... Beautiful bags!!

http://www.undisputedfightstore.com/...FcYV0wodr1sMGQ
Many thanks fingers. Yes, I was thinking of maybe splashing out and getting one of them, you get what you pay for and all that. And maybe it would last alot longer than a cheaper bag.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:26 PM

stefoz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hi there ,nothing wrong with those bags i think .I have been using them for the last 2 yrs and they do the job fine. I would say your problem is on the swivel or the amount of pressure you have pumped in to them.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefoz View Post
Hi there ,nothing wrong with those bags i think .I have been using them for the last 2 yrs and they do the job fine. I would say your problem is on the swivel or the amount of pressure you have pumped in to them.
Many thanks stefoz. I'm using the same swivel as I used my old speedbag on and that worked fine. I'd have expected the new bags to be more regular shaped but maybe I'll let a little air out of it and see if that improves things. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:47 PM
Speed Bag Guru

REB is on a distinguished road
To the UK guys. Have you heard of this guy? mjknobsandknockers. He is on UK ebay. His location:
BEXLEY, Kent United Kingdom, United Kingdom

I believe he makes customized speed bags. Or he has a source to one who does. Below are examples of bags he sells.

Maybe you know him?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UK speed bag.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	5440   Click image for larger version

Name:	uk SB 2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	5441  

Last edited by REB; 04-19-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:54 PM
Speed Bag Guru

REB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Many thanks stefoz. I'm using the same swivel as I used my old speedbag on and that worked fine. I'd have expected the new bags to be more regular shaped but maybe I'll let a little air out of it and see if that improves things. Thanks for the tip.
I had a lopsided Title bag. My theory is : When I looked at the bottom of the bag where the 2 seams align to the air valve, The 2 seams should align with the center of the air valve. In other words, you should be able to draw a straight line between the seams end thru the air valve to connect together in a direct straight line. One of the seams on this particular bag was misaligned by 3/32 of an inch, which made the one panel lopsided. Just a theory though

Last edited by REB; 04-19-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:14 AM

m.breen is on a distinguished road
If I was stuck with a lopsided bag I would at least remove the bladder, maybe lather it in baby powder, then put it back together, in hopes that it is the bladder being mis-aligned. ( Im new to this).
Old 04-21-2017, 05:32 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.breen View Post
If I was stuck with a lopsided bag I would at least remove the bladder, maybe lather it in baby powder, then put it back together, in hopes that it is the bladder being mis-aligned. ( Im new to this).
Thanks. Good tip, I actually damaged the bladder at the valve end trying to remove it the other day. The tip of the valve on the black bladder came off so it'll be difficult to reinstal even with rubber cement.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:21 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by REB View Post
I had a lopsided Title bag. My theory is : When I looked at the bottom of the bag where the 2 seams align to the air valve, The 2 seams should align with the center of the air valve. In other words, you should be able to draw a straight line between the seams end thru the air valve to connect together in a direct straight line. One of the seams on this particular bag was misaligned by 3/32 of an inch, which made the one panel lopsided. Just a theory though
Thanks. On the very lop-sided bag in the photographs above, the seams actually line up with the air valve perfectly!

Last edited by bernardblackhurst; 04-21-2017 at 07:06 AM.