• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Double end bag Question

I've been thinking about installing a double end bag in my garage for a little more of a cardio workout. Any bags that I should avoid getting? Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks

fedora
    Last edited by fedora; 01-14-2015, 11:59 AM.
  • rskbreaker
    • Jan 2014

What's your experience level with a double end and your budget?

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Thanks Ralph, I went ahead and ordered this 9 inch from Title and I just got it yesterday. It's not the classic so I'm good there. I knew I needed a larger bag to start as I have never hit a DEB before. It seems like a well made bag. I saw that some were not leather so I went with this one that is. I got it hung up yesterday and got to hit on it a while and also thought about changing out the top cord for another elastic band to get a better rebound. I like the variety it gives me from just hitting the speedbag. At my age I need to work my brain as well as my body.

Here it is installed. I attached the bottom to a 45 pound dumbell, it anchors it firmly with no movement and I can remove it out of the way in seconds.

fedora
      Last edited by fedora; 01-21-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• dpayne
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2015

Hi Fedora,
        Have fun with your double end bag, I love mine. Looks to be about the same size I have and I am no expert at it but I like to hit it after working on the speed bag. Great for throwing your jab, combinations, and head movement.

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          Good for you fedora, have fun but be careful of your nose
          Thanks Ralph, I've been careful to keep the distance right as I'm learning. I'm more worried about knocking my glasses off than hitting my nose. I've been watching some You tube videos to pick ups some tips on how tight to hang it, the right height and different combos to work on to start with. This has been a great addition to my speedbag routine.

fedora

Comment

• rskbreaker
            • Jan 2014

I missed the boat. I was going to say I could offer you a custom d/e bag for a few bucks more than the retail price of that Title bag. Maybe when you graduate to a smaller size.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...