Speed Bag Bible - carried in Book Stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag Bible - carried in Book Stores?

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    I've never seen it in any book store... although maybe a martial arts store might carry it ?
    From the horses mouth:

Only a few "chain" stores have ever carried it, and that was by single stores, probably because three or four people asked for it by special order.

To get a book "place" in a whole chain ( ie...all Barnes & Noble stores) you have to have a distributor or agent or publisher promotion. Most "single title" self published books don't make it into the "Big chains" without major clout. Maybe Oprah, or one of her big time lady friends, will start punching and mention it... But you should be able to special order it from any commercial bookstore.

Most Book Stores, including chain, libraries or mom-&-pop stores, purchase books, or special Order them, from book distributors such as Baker & Tayor or Ingram Book Distributors. The Speed Bag Bible is currently printed digitally via Lightning Source.com, which is a sister company of Ingram Books. It is listed with LSI in America and UK, so it can be printed in UK also.

But Since Tim and the membership have done such a great service with this forum, and we have such a great group of real speed bag fans - one of the "unwritten perks" of a registered membership on this forum is that You can get the Book and/or the video's (DVD or VHS) a little cheaper from me directly via PM. I sometimes get slightly damaged books (bent, damaged cover) or DVD's (cracked case, etc) that can't be sold retail. If I don't have some damaged product, than I'll send new ones. I only do that for members of THIS online forum. It also gets your copy personally autographed ( WOW) if desired. (I think that's going for at least $1.25 on ebay right now..)
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...