• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by fingers View Post
    Man i would so be up for this!! unfortunately the trip across the pond would seriously dent my wallet!! it would be great to meet you guys and learn, hope it goes well, best wishes from one of the UK contingent.
    I'd love to make this an int'l event We'll be more than happy to have you if there is any way you can attend !!!! i understand the costs would be really big. I know at one point the UK to US exchange rate was very favorable, but I don't know if that is still the case (not that it makes that much of a difference).

Comment

• Kaju Dog
      • Jul 2009

Has a location or region been solidified yet?

I am sure I can secure plenty of room for such an event in the CA. Bay Area and have several locations available in the Central Valley.

We have multiple Martial Arts schools with many conections to youth centers etc. In the San Jose area I have the use of 2 schools that both have boxing rings also.

If an area is predetermined, I can make some calls. Only problem would be to have the number of speed bags set up that we need.

For those of you that dont mind sleeping on the floor (mats) we can also have a place to crash if needed.

You guys have earned my admiration and respect.

If I can help, count me in.

WOOF!

I may also be able to hook up a spot in Long Beach area.

KD

Comment

• Kaju Dog
        • Jul 2009

I think the thread title needs to be fixed. It says, "convention". Should we change it to "Kahnvention" or
        "Speed Baggers 1st Annual International Kahnference
        "

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Kaju Dog View Post
          I think the thread title needs to be fixed. It says, "convention". Should we change it to "Kahnvention" or
          "
          And it Kahntinues lol
          sigpic

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

This is getting Kahntagious. BTW, there are 1947 words that begin with 'con.' Let the "pun-ning" kahntinue.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              This is getting Kahntagious. BTW, there are 1947 words that begin with 'con.' Let the "pun-ning" kahntinue.
              Man Biff, where did you find the time to sit with a dictionary and count all those "con" words? Did you ever lose count and have to start all over?????

?????????

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

HAHA..... you don't me well enough... I'm kidding!!

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Jeez BT, I hope I didn't come across as the serious geek type (although I may look it). I'm pretty thick-skinned and knew you were kidding!

I lead a boring life and love to read the dictionary. I'm up to the "M's" now. I did lose count several times, and became so frustrated that I dis-kahntinued that approach.

Actually, I just Googled "words that begin with con."

EDIT: Oh no, I just re-read this post. I AM A GEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by Biff; 09-04-2009, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Jeez BT, I hope I didn't come across as the serious geek type (although I may look it). I'm pretty thick-skinned and knew you were kidding!

I lead a boring life and love to read the dictionary. I'm up to the "M's" now. I did lose count several times, and became so frustrated that I dis-kahntinued that approach.

Actually, I just Googled "words that begin with con."

EDIT: Oh no, I just re-read this post. I AM A GEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I don't think any of that is boring. I think little facts like that are interesting.
                    Did you know it is ok to use "moose", "mooses", or "meese" when referring to more than one moose? I think that rules! If it's ok to do that, than that law should be allowed for other common spelling and pronunciation annoyances!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Has a location or region been solidified yet?
                      Not yet. We're still gathering estimates about prices in various locations. I think it's fair to see it will likely be either West Coast or East Coast though, probably not in the middle. Feedback from people is they want a destination that will interest spouses, friends, or family (Not that there isn't places like that in the middle of the country).

I am sure I can secure plenty of room for such an event in the CA. Bay Area and have several locations available in the Central Valley.

We have multiple Martial Arts schools with many conections to youth centers etc. In the San Jose area I have the use of 2 schools that both have boxing rings also.
                      Logistically this would be much simpler if we could find a place that already has multiple speed bags, but I'm talking something on the order of 8 to 10 speed bags... not many gyms with that many.

If I can help, count me in.
                      Keep your eye on this area of the forums, we'll be making decisions in the next 6-8 weeks I think (in regards to a location).

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

"
                        Ha! I'd be all for it, but Alan is much too modest to have anything like that.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          Ha! I'd be all for it, but Alan is much too modest to have anything like that.
                          You're right. When it comes to names, that would be no Kahntest.

Sorry, but I would not Kahnsent to that.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• 10Alton
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • May 2009

Las Vegas conference

Hey Tim,
                            I would love to be there to meet the greats, let me know when and where and it's on!!!!!!!!

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                              • Sep 2009

Count me In on this Endeavor, Mates. I am not great yet under the board, but I would like to contribute to the effort in whatever fashion might be supportive.

Thanks,
                              Mike

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by 10Alton View Post
                                Hey Tim,
                                I would love to be there to meet the greats, let me know when and where and it's on!!!!!!!!
                                Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
                                Count me In on this Endeavor, Mates. I am not great yet under the board, but I would like to contribute to the effort in whatever fashion might be supportive.

Thanks,
                                Mike
                                Glad to hear you guys are on board ... details will be coming soon, I hope. It's not easy finding a place that can accomodate this. NOISE and $$$$$ are serious considerations

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...