• hispanicmakingpanic
    • May 2007

Skunk

I heard he likes to spray people...

Comment

• JERSEY KID
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2007

A day late and a dollar short as the saying goes....I'm sorry I missed this event since I live within striking distance of LA Boxing. On Saturday I was setting up my personal speed & heavy bags, That I just purchased and firing away. I'm new to the sport and when I finally settled down at the PC to look up some instructional material and came across your site it was too late. I have been practicing hard these 2 days and have learned quite abit from your site. Glad to have found this site but sorry I didn't learn of this event sooner. Been watching some of your videos,and taken in alot of info. Alot of Great information on the boards. Thanks for having me.

Mark

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

m sorry I missed this event since I live within striking distance of LA Boxing.
        Sorry you missed it it's really a rare occasion to be able to meet Alan.

I'd like to get a group of Orlando locals together on a regular basis, maybe at a gym, or maybe at my house or elsewhere where there is a bag. Speed bag is fun, but it's even more fun with someone else.

If you ever want to get together hit me up on PM ... and that goes for anyone who is local to me and hits the speed bag.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
          wow - that says a lot and leaves us with a lot to aspire too..... nice job Skunk !!

Think; CONTROL bag. Speed comes with control and proper technique. Without that, you'll never be fast.

If you notice in Skunks video's, he goes for long periods of time without missing or breaking down. THAT takes control. Control of your swing motion, your power in each fist and all movements. He has clean, efficient swinging motions and has learned to control it all, keeping the movements short and not over swinging. That kind of clean technique leads to speed, which he has in abundance. He doesn't hit "tensed up". He has learned to relax so the movements FLOW without tension.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
            what an awesome event! you guys must of had a mind blowing time. id of killed to be there!

the pics are awesome, cant wait to see the videos!

if you guys decide to organise another meeting like this id love to come! all the way from england it would be so worth it
            Orlando was covered with Brits from the UK visiting. Apparently the exchange rate is in your favor, and they come and stay for weeks in Orlando - that's according to the place I stayed and several restaurants I went to.

Orlando would be a great place to plan another one, because their is LOTs to do for the NON-speedbaggin' family members. Plenty of attractions to keep the kids busy.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SupergeZ
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2007

yeah the excahnge rate is pretty good for us at the moment, hoping to purchase some new speedbag gear from the US and get it shipped over here for a pretty big saving soon

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

Thanks for taking the time to do this Alan. If you were there in Orlando for business, I imagine it may have cost you a little extra by staying there an extra night or two. At the very least it cost you time away from your family and even though I wasn't there, I want to thank you for doing this. Volunteering your time to help others is always a noble thing and it is much appreciated!

Hopefully the timing will be right for me next time.

Comment

• Roscoe
                  • May 2006

What Chris said!

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
                  Thanks for taking the time to do this Alan. If you were there in Orlando for business, I imagine it may have cost you a little extra by staying there an extra night or two. At the very least it cost you time away from your family and even though I wasn't there, I want to thank you for doing this. Volunteering your time to help others is always a noble thing and it is much appreciated!

Hopefully the timing will be right for me next time.
                  Alan, I know you don't do what you do for the money or the praise but a lot of respect goes out to you for it, you talk the talk and walk the walk.
                  Like Chris said, I wasn't there but thank you for being there.

Roscoe

Comment

• Kyle
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    Alan, I know you don't do what you do for the money or the praise but a lot of respect goes out to you for it, you talk the talk and walk the walk.
                    Like Chris said, I wasn't there but thank you for being there.

Roscoe
                    agreed thanks for doing that that was great of you
                    ________
                    Kid Zoloft
                    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Thanks guys, I appreciate the sentiments. Truth is - I do it cause I love it. And I really love doing it with other people that love it. I knew that out there among the masses were a bunch of baggers that are as fascinated by the speed bag as I am, and would want to learn if given the chance. Seminars like these allow that to happen, and this one was really special for meeting Tim, and Skunk, and about six folks that were pretty fanatic bag fans. Wish you all could have been there.

One day we'll all be under the same board.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

speedbagcentral.com update on Orlando seminar

Here is the page on Speedbagcentral.com for the Orlando Seminar

and here is my visit to the home of speedbagforum.com
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...