• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big_deuce
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2006

Bags all over the place - Correcting the "Windmill" or "Helicopter"

For some reason (other than i suck lol) "my bag winmills" around. almost like im hitting it off to the side, but im not. Even if i go real slow it does it. I thought maybe it was my swivel, but i dont think it is.Because it doesnt happen at the gym.
    any clue?
    THanks
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag windmill

Originally posted by big_deuce View Post
    For some reason (other than i suck lol) "my bag winmills" around. almost like im hitting it off to the side, but im not. Even if i go real slow it does it. I thought maybe it was my swivel, but i dont think it is.Because it doesnt happen at the gym. any clue? THanks
    Hmm. The old windmill bag. I've seen it many times, - and it can be cause by any number of things, such as poor arm position, poor swing movement, poor or incorrect fist position at contact or poor angle of fist contact, and sometimes a slightly lopsided bag. If it happens routinely it is usually caused by a combination of the above.

It is hard to say without is causing YOUR windmilling without actually seeing you hit and hearing the rebounds. Without that, any suggestions are just a guess. Post a video if you can and maybe we can find a problem.

Windmilling is almost never caused by the swivel or the board.

To try and stop it, Emphasize good posture, start position, stance and swing. Try swinging small and making good solid fist/bag connections.

Keep practicing
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by big_deuce View Post
      For some reason (other than i suck lol) "my bag winmills" around. almost like im hitting it off to the side, but im not. Even if i go real slow it does it. I thought maybe it was my swivel, but i dont think it is.Because it doesnt happen at the gym.
      any clue?
      THanks
      Is it similar size to the bag at the gym? Or is it smaller? Whenever I moved to a smaller size bag it seems to do that until I picked up the timing and rythm of it..

Comment

• big_deuce
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Oct 2006

thanks guys!
        ill try to correct my stance, and watch some more of the vids on here..

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...