• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
    Actually, Mr. Jaguiler, Floyd has never been known for beating Mexican fighters, in fact many experts believe he was beaten by Castillo in 2002 and I agree wholeheartedly. Roger "The Black Mamba" Mayweather, His uncle and trainer, was actually calling himself the "Mexican Killer" until he met up with my idol, the great JC Chavez. If you've never seen this K.O. I highly reccomend you find and watch it. Chavez actually crouches down and leaps literally halfway accross the ring and catches the "Mexican Killer" with a beauty of a hook that sent him sliding on his back unconscious. Chavez, being the bigger person, never went around calling himself the "Black Guy Killer." I'm joking, of course.
    ...or Chavez, the "American Killer".

Might be considered politically incorrect.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
      • May 2007

Pc

Ontop of everything, Mr. Speedbag, you are an ambassador of good will and a worthy role model.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

I gotta say I really like your attitude HMP. You're going to be a welcome addition and an asset to the community as well.

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

I second that....

he can stay now.... can someone send him the secret password to the real forums now... ?

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
            Ontop of everything, Mr. Speedbag, you are an ambassador of good will and a worthy role model.
            Thanks, I appreciate that. I know hypocrisy when I see it.

I have really admired man of the Mexican fighters, and particularly like Julio Ceasar Chavez. Very few of the big time American boxers have given back to their community or country like he has to mexico. I remember one fight, (can't remember opponents name) when he fought a younger guy who had said Chavez was his idol and favorite of all time. The fight was never in doubt cause the kid was scared to death and outclassed. Chavez let the kid pepper away at him for 5 or 6 rounds, than ended it easy, to the body. After the fight he said he didn't want to hurt the kid so he let "his dream come true, to fight with his idol for a few rounds". then ended it in a way that would not hurt him. I loved him from that moment on. I just really respect a guy who will help make someone else's dream come true.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
              • May 2007

Giving back

That is a great anecdote. I had never heard that story, I always figured Chavez was unforgiving and relentless in the ring. In all honesty I think you do your part in sharing your knowledge and staying humble despite your wizzardry.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...