• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

John Golomb Restored Kangaroo

Well I got my 4200 Kangaroo bag today, and it is a great bag. It says it is a restored Everlast 4200 Kangaroo on a certificate that came with it. It was a gift, and it is probably my favorite bag now since it was a gift and it looks and hits so well. I will have a review and video up as soon as I can. It makes me scratch my head that Everlast used to make such great bags, and now they can be so hit or miss with the mass production outsourced to the cheapest labor.
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    Well I got my 4200 Kangaroo bag today, and it is a great bag. It says it is a restored Everlast 4200 Kangaroo on a certificate that came with it. It was a gift, and it is probably my favorite bag now since it was a gift and it looks and hits so well. I will have a review and video up as soon as I can. It makes me scratch my head that Everlast used to make such great bags, and now they can be so hit or miss with the mass production outsourced to the cheapest labor.
    Gotta love that short bag attachment loop.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Wow, heck of a nice gift!
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Seeing that sweet Australian Kangaroo leather inspired me to put up the one 'roo bag I own and do a few rounds. There definitely is something special about the kangaroo leather. I love it!

-Rusty

p.s. that pic above also makes me want to pimp up my laces and go with the very stylish tan laces on the black leather bag. quite stylish!
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2016

The panels on this bag make it not too round, and it is getting weird bounces sometimes, but as I hit it more and the welting beat in, it got better and better bounces. I need to do a marathon session on it one day making sure to hit it from all sides. I had a few bags like this that needed a good ole beating to act right. I am not sure if this bag is restored or made new. Like Ralph said it doesn't look like the other Everlast Roo bags. Either way I am still on the hunt for a unrestored Everlast vintage Roo bag.

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

To me it looks very much like a 1960's Everlast 4200 kangaroo bag. The Ali photo also had slightly flat sides. You should ask the maker first, but maybe it could use more air pressure. Old time boxing is a little diff from the trick bag thing.

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by ventanakaz
              That sure doesn't look like a restored bag, It doesn't look anything like the two I have, I wonder how it hits, If it hits anything like mine. What bladder did he put in it ?

New Everlast bladder.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...