• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

How To My Setup With DIY Platform

Here are a few photos of my setup. This is my first setup, and my first time owning a speed bag. i built the platform in december of 2010. Originally i was going to get the everlast elite adjustable platform, (i still like the elite everlast, but i wanted to save a few bucks, and put together my own platform with some things i had laying around, and a few cheap pieces of lumber from a scrap bin. the only things that cost anything were the swivel, $12, and the circular glued edge pine board around $16

In one of the photos you can see what i stand on, a few cinder blocks, and a 4 foot 2x6. I actually balance on the 2x6 to lift myself up a few inches so i can be at a nice level with the bag, which is not too fun, But soon i will be putting a wood pallet on the cinder blocks to fix that problem.

For the actual construction of the platform, First i screwed three, 4 foot 2x6s to the floor beams in our basement. To the 2x6s i took a 2 foot, by 2 foot piece of OSB panel 3/4 inch thick, and attached strips of foam to the side that would be against the 2x6s as a sort of "shock absorber" ( you can see the foam strips in one of the pics) i did this so upstairs they wouldn't feel and hear every hit on the drum. I then centered the swivel on the round board, Then attached the 1 1/4 inch circular pine drum to the OSB using just four screws.

On my swivel's S hook i have a little rubber cap that i got off a window with a crank opener, the cap was meant to protect the threads on the crank shaft. The reason i wanted the cap is because during the first week of using my platform, the bag came off the S hook a few times and went bouncing across the floor. ( ouch! my nice buttery leather.)
    Attached Files
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...