X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MsD's Trainer Raul tries out the POWERMILL Swivel

Well, I got my Powermill Evil Swivel on Friday. I was hesitant to show it to "Trainer Raul" since he's a die-hard Watkins ball-hook man. But, when he saw it last night, he offered to put it up so we could try it out. It was a chilly 40°F (5°C) out at the woodshed, but it took only a few minutes to install it.

I adapted to it quickly, and was amazed at its smoothness. Reverse fist rolls are a cinch. There's little resistance. I love it!

Here is a short clip of Raul trying it out for the first time. (He works out solely on the red Everlast bag.) He was duly impressed by both its construction and performance. Yes, it makes a little more clacking (clickety-clack) than the Watkins ball hook in plastic housing, but not bad, in my opinion.

I'm all-aboard with this swivel. It's got crazy loco-motion...and I'm happy to say, it's full-steam ahead for me and the POWERMILL... okay, enough puns.

Thanks Jumpcannon! This swivel is a fine addition to my addiction!
    I give it 5 gold bags!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

The family that bags together...

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      Well, I got my Powermill Evil Swivel on Friday. I was hesitant to show it to "Trainer Raul" since he's a die-hard Watkins ball-hook man. But, when he saw it last night, he offered to put it up so we could try it out. It was a chilly 40°F (5°C) out at the woodshed, but it took only a few minutes to install it.
      Brrrr... that's cold. Bagging is so much harder on the hands at that temp, you guys have motivation!

I adapted to it quickly, and was amazed at its smoothness. Reverse fist rolls are a cinch. There's little resistance. I love it!

Here is a short clip of Raul trying it out for the first time. (He works out solely on the red Everlast bag.) He was duly impressed by both its construction and performance. Yes, it makes a little more clacking (clickety-clack) than the Watkins ball hook in plastic housing, but not bad, in my opinion.
      Love that move Raul is doing I-DES ''' O-DES (switch arms and Repeat) (at least I think that's what it is). He does it well, very well.

Thanks Jumpcannon! This swivel is a fine addition to my addiction!
      I give it 5 gold bags!

Ditto. I'm loving mine more everytime I use it.
      Last edited by Tim; 12-05-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Love that move Raul is doing I-DES ''' O-DES (switch arms and Repeat) (at least I think that's what it is). He does it well, very well.
        That's his whole workout – 4-5 days a week, for 45 minutes straight, that's all he does, and not even with music!!! Very boring in my opinion. Raul's a Piece Man – in construction, it's someone who comes on the job and makes money "by the piece." They hone their skill by doing the same thing over and over and over till they can do it fast and accurately, thus earning more moolah in less time. In his workout, even though there's no money as a motivator, he still possesses that competitive spirit and trains hard.

I'm a little more (a lot more!) laid back. This is probably why I'm not exactly perfect in the execution of my punches. I need to take a refresher course from him. Although, the new swivel will probably help me to improve. Gotta get out and punch on it...
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• jumpcannon
          Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Where did that guy come from? He is vicious on the elbows! Excellent vid! Thanks for the 5 gold bags!
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

That's his whole workout – 4-5 days a week, for 45 minutes straight, that's all he does, and not even with music!!! Very boring in my opinion.
            Sounds like my old workouts, before I started hitting to music. Just non-stop hitting and thinking about any subject that came to mind.

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
            Where did that guy come from? He is vicious on the elbows! Excellent vid! Thanks for the 5 gold bags!
            Word. He's a killer! (in a good way...)
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
              Where did that guy come from? He is vicious on the elbows!
              Yeah, I tell him all the time he could put an eye out with those elbows!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Sounds like my old workouts, before I started hitting to music. Just non-stop hitting and thinking about any subject that came to mind.
                It's insanity I tell you! I gotta have my music. Being a relatively recent convert to daily physical activity – – it's still hard for me to relate to the intensity in which many people work out. It's an endorphin thing, ain't it?

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Word. He's a killer! (in a good way...)
                Thanks, Alan. I'll pass the comments on to Raul...

Comment

• StevieMac
                  • Oct 2010

. Yes, it makes a little more clacking (clickety-clack) than the Watkins ball hook in plastic housing, but not bad, in my opinion.
                  I love the rhythmic clickety-clack of my powermill swivel!

As for Raul, WOW! Smokin’ fast!

Comment

• The Baggist
                    Vert Baggin' Master
                    • May 2009

Great elbow work Raul!!!! Great to finally see Dee's trainer in action! Now I see why she is so awesome on the bag!!!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
                      I love the rhythmic clickety-clack of my powermill swivel!
                      Yes, I like that little extra "sound effect" too. It adds to my punch-drumming.

Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
                      As for Raul, WOW! Smokin’ fast!

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                      Great elbow work Raul!!!!
                      Thanks guys. I've passed these comments on to Raul. He's kinda bashful when it comes to being on camera.

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                      Great to finally see Dee's trainer in action! Now I see why she is so awesome on the bag!!!!
                      Why, thank you, Daniel! That means a lot to me. Yes, Raul has inspired and taught me a lot in the art of speed bagging.

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

Wow on both the swivel and Trainer Raul!
                        sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...