• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Video review form Novabagger: PROMEX 5 x 8

What's up Baggers?

I picked up 2 new speed bags just prior Christmas and thought I'd review them for y'all, just in case you are interested in a new purchase for yourselves. I really liked the prices in the Title MMA VIP catalog sent out before Christmas and the free shipping was too tempting to pass up. So, check out the ProMex in action. I hope it helps you out on your next purchase!

If the review helps I'll post others. If not I'll just stick to punch-drumming.

I now have the Title Platinum Atomic XS and XXS that we could take a closer look at in the near future.

Bag on!!!
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 12-28-2010, 10:46 AM. Reason: Mispelling in subject but unable to correct it.
    Novaspeedbagger
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

awesome brother

Great review and punching brother!!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Thanks Skunk!

Thanks for watching Skunk! Still inspired from your videos and I'm always using your bagging as the standard to achieve.....that should keep me busy for a couple of lifetimes or more! LOL!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
        Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

lol

thanks brother!! we gonna see you at STL convention?

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

I'm working on that!

Checking on my schedule and trying to make arrangements. I'm not 100% in yet.
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

Great review Nova!! and sharp skills!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Very nice review and demo of your new bag, Kerry. Keep it up with the reviews AND the punch-drumming videos!!
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Very nice bagging, you continue to impress.

Comment

• jumpcannon
                  Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Dang bro....VERY nice hitting. I got that bag and like it. I also just got the promex 9x6 and i am starting to like it alot as well. Did you have a hard time changing the eye? Just curious how hard it was since I lightly locktited it.
                  evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

yeah nova you are a natural, nice review I've got the same bag.
                    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                      Great review Nova!! and sharp skills!
                      Thanks Fingers!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                      Very nice review and demo of your new bag, Kerry. Keep it up with the reviews AND the punch-drumming videos!!
                      Thanks Dee! I enjoyed your Aussie speedball review as well! And, I picked up a couple of great tunes to download to my phone!

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                      Very nice bagging, you continue to impress.
                      Thanks paranday! I hope the info helps out some of our fellow baggers!

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                      Dang bro....VERY nice hitting. I got that bag and like it. I also just got the promex 9x6 and i am starting to like it alot as well. Did you have a hard time changing the eye? Just curious how hard it was since I lightly locktited it.
                      Thanks!

Yeah JC, one of the reasons I decided on the PROMEX is the positive comments you have made about it.

The eye was a piece of cake to change. I loosened the original naturally from a lot of bagging. Upon inspection, I noticed some minor wear on the original eye, and felt like there is no need to continue on and wear it through over time. I'm probably still a bit paranoid about metal shavings, so I just decided to go ahead and switch to the opened eye hook you sent me. It works great! I tend to switch bags often and as you saw on the video, it's a snap. The only improvement I would suggest to anyone that wants to use the eye hook in the same manner as me, is to decrease the opening of the eye just a bit. Every now and then the bag flies off but that can be eliminated with a smaller opening to the eye hook. The Powermill swivel is still top contender in my opinion!
                      Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 12-27-2010, 09:24 PM. Reason: mistakenly responded to info not included in post. I must be suffering from that dreaded disease..AGE LOL
                      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                        yeah nova you are a natural, nice review I've got the same bag.
                        Thanks TJ! The Promex has a great feel and just the right amount of heft to it. I look forward to some mega sessions with it.

Thanks for checking out the review!
                        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

Although my pockets and finances don't allow for me to invest in the bag at this time, (Saving up for my Evil Swivel) the review was definately informative and helpful. Also like your modification with the zip-tie. gonna have to try that one out. Pretty similar to aad03's leather eyebolt strap. great hitting as well. My wife was in the other room and thought I was listening to someone on the drums instead of a speed bag. Outstanding!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2008

Great review nova, I have the pro mex 5X8 and I love it one of my favorite bags

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Aug 2010

Thanks Marines!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                              Although my pockets and finances don't allow for me to invest in the bag at this time, (Saving up for my Evil Swivel) the review was definately informative and helpful. Also like your modification with the zip-tie. gonna have to try that one out. Pretty similar to aad03's leather eyebolt strap. great hitting as well. My wife was in the other room and thought I was listening to someone on the drums instead of a speed bag. Outstanding!!!
                              Thanks metaldad! I do like the Title classic alot and for $19.99, I believe it's the best bag for the buck at that price.

I do tend to punch out those parade like cadences when I am not hitting to music. It must be my Nawlins (New Orleans) back ground, from watching too many Mardi Gras Parades, back in the day! Good times! I heard Ak punch out stuff like that in his DVD as well!

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                              Great review nova, I have the pro mex 5X8 and I love it one of my favorite bags
                              Thanks TBD, I see why you like the Promex so much. I'll be making sure to keep this bag alive for as long as possible!

If I read my posts accurately, both you and metaldad, are Marines. So to both of you fellow baggers, as well as your brothers out there....Thanks for your Service!!!! Cuz freedom ain't free!

Looking forward to seeing vidz from both you baggers in the near future.
                              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...