• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Friday workout....

So, we got a little storm....only 14" here, no biggie. It only took me 2 1/2 hours to shovel my 6 car driveway, but what a great workout. I swear, baggin' has really helped my shoveling!

Now...someone please explain to me why I still live in the great northeast?

FYI, as a point of reference, I'm 5'6" and the snowbank at the end of the driveway is now over my head!

Happy New Year!
    Attached Files
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Memories of growing up in Western PA. Had to shovel the driveway after having walked the two miles of my morning paper route.

Comment

• swfl
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2013

37 years in Mn. Dont miss the snow removal at all. 77 for a high tomorrow in Fl.

Comment

• CeSalt
        • Nov 2013

No snow here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, plus you get to ride with me on wonderful adventures year-round in my motorcycle sidecar, heat provided. Any takers? And yeah, the Bag Room with dream cage is a given.

Comment

• speedbag4life
          • Jun 2007

One word for you Zaza: snowblower.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by CeSalt View Post
            No snow here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, plus you get to ride with me on wonderful adventures year-round in my motorcycle sidecar, heat provided. Any takers? And yeah, the Bag Room with dream cage is a given.
            Hey, now that sounds like fun, Cecile! Especially the part about the Bag Room.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• CeSalt
              • Nov 2013

Oui! You sent me a swivel and lots of stuff has since congealed around it quite nicely. I suspect it will always be a work in progress, but I'll post some pictures soon. Now, back to Zaza's storm, would you believe that I have never had the pleasure of being in real snow? That's right, my childhood included zero snowballs, and a ride on a Flexible Flyer was the stuff of dreams. And you know what? It still is.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                So, we got a little storm....only 14" here, no biggie. It only took me 2 1/2 hours to shovel my 6 car driveway, but what a great workout. I swear, baggin' has really helped my shoveling!

Now...someone please explain to me why I still live in the great northeast?

FYI, as a point of reference, I'm 5'6" and the snowbank at the end of the driveway is now over my head!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you, Joe!

Hey! I see you! Brrr! You look cold…

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

That's great Dee! Yes.. it's bit cold these days, -12 degrees last night WITHOUT the wind chill!
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                    That's great Dee! Yes.. it's bit cold these days, -12 degrees last night WITHOUT the wind chill!
                    Don't wimp out on us, Za, post a video with "the coldest temperature hitting a speed bag". Open you garage door, wait a few hours and take the temperature to verify the degrees. Might as well set a record with it.

(if possible and safely done, of course..)
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      "the coldest temperature hitting a speed bag".
                      You'll need to add some air, but bags work fine at below zero. Valves can freeze open though, don't be surprised if the bag has gone soft the next morning. Or not -- it just depends.

Comment

• CeSalt
                        • Nov 2013

Shoveling all that snow seems like agony enough, but this idea is fun to think about. Well, maybe not for ZaZa, but I'd sponsor a new bladder and hot chocolate toward the cause.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...